Manager, Program Delivery
MANAGER, PROGRAM DELIVERY
Job ID: 3719
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
MANAGER, PROGRAM DELIVERY
The Manager Program Delivery is responsible for an assigned portfolio managing the delivery of targeted rent subsidy, rental assistance and affordable homeownership programs, the oversight of the database of applicants seeking affordable housing in BC, and the standardization and control of the rent calculation and confirmation process. He/she/they develop and implements strategies, processes, and standards to ensure the delivery of high-quality services, and identifies and facilitates process improvements to achieve customer service excellence. The position acts as a resource person to staff, applicants, tenants, advocates and housing partners and directs a team that is responsible for supporting the development of policy, procedures and training materials for both internal and external audiences to ensure the consistent and equitable application of program criteria. The position will participate in program design and implementation working in partnership with other Branches, Ministry staff and partner organizations. The position researches issues and prepares correspondence in response to inquiries from members of the public, community groups, and MLA’s offices regarding a wide range of issues pertaining to the delivery of Applicant Services.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, business administration or related discipline.
- Considerable experience in leading projects and developing and delivering a wide range of housing programs and initiatives.
- Prior experience in supervising a team of staff engaged in the delivery and administration of programs and/or projects.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of program delivery and office administration
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of government and community agencies and the services they provide, with an emphasis on social housing and social policy
- Sound knowledge and understanding of business analysis, requirements gathering and systems implementation
- Ability to learn and understand the Commission’s housing programs and the services provided by government and community agencies
- Ability to plan and manage the administration of program activities and analyze issues, apply judgment and solve problems
- Ability to provide coaching and motivation to assist staff in achieving their performance goals
- Ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures, legislation, regulations, and operating agreements in accordance with program objectives
- Ability to assess service, system and process improvement opportunities, re-design work processes and methods and facilitate their implementation to ensure the achievement of customer service excellence
- Ability to develop and deliver training, workshops and presentations
- Ability to generate and articulate new ideas and adapt effectively to new technologies
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and related housing databases
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical, problem solving, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Strong supervisory and conflict resolution skills
- Strong planning, organization, and project leadership and management skills
- Strong mathematical skills
Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, People with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers