Job ID: 3720
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
The Program Specialist is responsible for supporting the delivery of housing programs and services that are administered through Applicant Services. He/she/they serve as the primary subject matter for an assigned portfolio and ensure the effective day to day delivery of the program(s) to a diverse client group by ensuring programs are administered in compliance with program policy, providing training support for internal and external teams, and developing and updating various types of written materials. In addition, the role conducts research and analysis to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of existing programs and participates in the development of new plans and strategies for new and/or existing programs. The position works closely with the Information Management and Technology team to provide business expertise and technical support to programs and ensure computer systems support effective and efficient program delivery.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a diploma or a certification program in business administration, social sciences, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum three years related experience in policy and programs analysis, design, application, and evaluation.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of government and community agencies and the services they provide, with an emphasis on social housing and social policy
- Ability to learn, understand, interpret, and apply BC Housing policies, procedures, and programs
- Ability to conduct research, analysis, reason through complex issues and present information clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate short term assignments and long-term projects which involve consultation with staff and external groups
- Ability to meet deadlines and identify key milestones
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation, regulations, and operating agreements
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal staff and external stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a broad range of audiences across diverse educational, social and cultural backgrounds
- Proficient at a high-intermediate to advanced level in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers