- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
ABB Motion (MO) is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
- A well versed individual who takes initiative, completes tasks in a timely fashion on their own and as part of the team.
- Pick, verify, pack and create required shipping documents such as BOL, Waybills, etc...
- Off load and on load trailers/customer vehicles as assigned.
- Put away product both physically and with RF Scanner.
- Work hands on (daily) with the team in all aspects of our warehouse functions.
- Ensure the warehouse remains clean and safe for all employees and visitors at all times.
- Operate electric/propane counter balance and electric order picker and all other equipment.
- Ensure all logs are up to date daily.
- Follow all Workplace Safety procedures are adhered to along with the ABB code of ethics and code of conduct set out by the company.
- Perform cycle counts, physical inventory counts, as assigned. At various points of the year, it may be necessary to work through the weekend and after hours. etc...
- Attention to detail with the ability to multitask is critical.
- Self-motivated and pleasant demeanor is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Key requirements:
- SAP knowledge
- RF Scanner
- Valid Counter Balance certification (electric and propane)
- Valid Order picker certification ( electric)
- Ability to lift more than 50 lbs repetitively
- Ability to stretch wrap skids manually.
- Positive demeanor
- Certified counterbalance(propane and electric)
- Certified electric order picker
- Good leadership skills on how to motivate people to work "with" you. Lead by example.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks. Efficiently & effectively prioritize job responsibilities.
- Good troubleshooting skills for resolving problems.
- Excellent customer service skills to communicate with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to handle stress well and remain in control at all times.
- Special awareness at all times with regard to the use of heavy machinery (i.e. lift truck) either being driven or in proximity to ensure the safety of yourself and other employees.
- SAP knowledge is a definite asset!
- Very high accuracy rate (attention to detail).
- Strong experience with couriers, carriers and LTL carriers both physically receiving/shipping, and in preparing documentation required for intra Canada shipments and cross border shipments.
- Ability to remain calm and in control at all times without losing focus.
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
Reference Number CA77051525_E1 Publication date 2021-01-12