- N. Harris Computer Corporation - CAD
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
NorthStar's Professional Services team is seeking a Technical Manager to join us in implementing billing software solutions for our clients in the Utility industry. The Technical Manager will lead the technical consultants in software implementation, client training, software installations and upgrades, best practices and more!
As the Technical Manager, you will lead and develop a strong and motivated team of technical professionals; building on the necessary knowledge, skills and capabilities to execute our business strategies to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction and profitability. You will lead and participate in data conversion, integration configuration, troubleshooting, report building, and custom coding services.
This job is based out of our Corporate head office in Ottawa, ON and will require light travel throughout North America and the Caribbean.
What will be your impact?
- Champion initiatives to increase the breadth and depth of technical expertise across the services delivery team
- Create a work environment that promotes cross training, learning, sharing and trust across the technical consulting teams
- Drive continuous process improvement of best practices, methodologies, and process control by establishing and monitoring clear objectives for technical team
- Work closely with the Leadership Team and Project Managers to ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of projects with the highest level of quality and customer service
- Monitor the utilization, performance and profitability of the technical services delivery team by tracking and analyzing statistics and trends in order to provide financial, project and customer satisfaction reporting to the Leadership Team
- Monitor and initiate initiatives to improve and broaden skill-sets and technical competencies of all technical service consultants
- Provide quality software implementation services to our clients, with a strong focus on customer service, technical expertise, and time management
- Perform data conversion from the existing client software system to NorthStar’s solution
- Assist in capturing customer’s requirements and implementing configurable interfaces
- Build and maintain effective relationships with clients, partners, vendors, and internal team members
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of Managing technical implementation consultants in a software solution environment
- Previous technical consulting and/or software implementation experience in a software solution environment
- Highly driven, results-oriented, and able to manage time with competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams to achieve goals, improve performance, and emphasize teamwork
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze information and make informed, independent decisions quickly and effectively
- Dependable, organized, flexible, self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in using the following technologies and tools: Microsoft SQL, SSRS, SSIS, Cognos, Java, ASP; 4GL an asset
- Experience in the Utilities industry or with Utility Billing and CIS applications is an asset
What we offer:
- Opportunity for professional growth and to work on challenging projects
- Strong team environment
- Ability to make impact in business processes and practices
- Comprehensive benefit package
- And more!
About our business
NorthStar Utilities Solutions is a unique company that has served the utility community in North America and the Caribbean for more than 40 years. Our team members have enabled us to have continuous growth and innovation. We pride ourselves on delivering impressive customer service and standing apart as an industry leader. We are looking for people who are avid problem solvers, crave challenges, embrace technology and grasp complex ideas.
Click here to learn more about NorthStar Utilities Solutions
How to apply
If you want to apply to this Technical Manager (R0008890), click 'Apply Now' to apply online. If this role does not align with your career goals, feel free to review all our current opportunities here or submit your resume to our Harris Talent Network here for future opportunities.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (1)-613-226-5511 or at HarrisTalentAcquisition@harriscomputer.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.