Application Specialist - Unified Communications
- N. Harris Computer Corporation - USA
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Harris Corporate IT is seeking a well-versed Unified Communications Engineer (Skype/Teams/Office365). The primary objective of the position is to establish and drive ownership and accountability for Skype for Business (SFB/Teams/office365) end user experiences. The candidate should have a deep knowledge, understanding, and experience working with Skype for Business and/or Teams. The candidate will serve as a Skype for Business/Teams SME and will review weekly trends, identify action items, and drive remediation actions.
WHAT WILL YOUR NEW ROLE BE
- Provide support, (architecture, administration, maintenance, monitoring, backup, contingency), for multiple messaging and collaboration technologies like Skype for Business Enterprise Voice /Teams and office 365
- Act as SME to Support Skype for business 2015/2019 and Microsoft Teams hybrid environment. Report overall call quality and user experience trends. Drive SFB remediation with the respective IT teams. Troubleshoot VoIP call quality issues over remote links as well as Polycom desk and conference room devices.
- Resolve issues, expedites, and escalations. Approve and deliver root cause of incidents and take corrective action. Engineer permanent solutions, and coordinate implementation. Identify reoccurring issues raised through the Help Desk and driving actions if needed (user awareness, helpdesk KAs, etc.)
- Migrate other telephony systems to skype for business /Teams enterprise voice
- Review business practices and make recommendations for improvements.
- Assist with the Implementation of new processes as process gaps are defined and solution matures
- Resolve issues and modify configurations to Identity Management (Cloud, Synced, Federated Identities, Azure AD)
- Maintain existing and, as required, develop new documentation that will include but is not limited to Standard Operating Procedures and System Architecture Guides and diagrams adhering to organizational templates, policies, and standards
- Identify improvements, create business cases, and conduct strategic planning exercises with senior stakeholders to develop roadmap and objectives, review current and proposed architecture to arrive at an agreed end-state solution
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Extensive Experience with Skype for Business Server 2015 in a hybrid environment
- Extensive experience with VoIP, Computer Telephony, PBX and Gateways, SBCs
- SFB troubleshooting knowledge and experience on tools like Snooper, NetMon, Wireshark, CLS Logging etc
- SFB high availability and disaster recovery administration and support
- Experience in Microsoft Cloud (Office 365 and Azure) technologies
- Knowledge of Identity Management
- Proven ability to translate business outcomes and technical requirements to a set of design and engineering tasks
- Extensive Experience with Office 365 administration/migration
- Demonstrable skills with PowerShell
- Client end-point configuration and troubleshooting experience.
- Possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Infrastructure Services such as Public Key Infrastructure
- Knowledge of Microsoft Security concepts (conditional access, data protection, governance)
- Possesses knowledge of best practices for maintaining information security.
- Is able to handle confidential and sensitive company information responsibly.
- Possesses ability to think creatively
- Excellent communication skills and experience in a user-facing role
- Excellent documentation skills including architecture, runbooks, and knowledge transfer
- Project execution experience and responsibility for status, execution, issue escalation, etc.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams Migration experience
- Experience with Altigen / MaxACD Contact Center.
- Experience working with AudioCodes Gateways and Polycom Telephone devices
- Office 365 tenant to tenant mail migration experience using tools like BitTitan and Quest
- Experience working with other telephony solutions
- Supporting documentation of PowerShell scripts created
WHAT WE OFFER
- 3 weeks' vacation and 5 personal days
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage from your first day of employment
- Employee stock ownership and RRSP/401k matching programs
- Lifestyle rewards
- Flexible work options (and some pretty cool offices!)
- And more!
HOW TO APPLY
If you want to apply to this job Application Specialist /Unified Communications Engineer (Skype/Teams/Office365), click 'Apply Now' to apply online. If this role does not align with your career goals, feel free to review all our current opportunities here or submit your resume to our Harris Talent Network here for future opportunities.