- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Plans, schedules, and monitors the movement of materials through the production cycle to determine required materials purchases. Resolves discrepancies. Ensures material standards are met and non-conformances or variances are approved and/or minimized. Develops specifications for new contract orders. Gathers quotations, examines bids and makes awards. Monitors cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. Evaluates vendor reliability and develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are no longer competitive.
Responsible to manage procurement for assigned commodities to satisfy businessneeds while complying with government, quality system and company policy requirements. Work in partnership with Manufacturing to assure all production orders and requirements are met. Support on-time delivery and production productivity by maintaining an effective supply chain. Facilitate solutions to schedule changes and commercial/technical issues with suppliers.This position requires the ability to manage supplier relationships and negotiate favorable terms to meet FLIR's customer requirements. This position has direct responsibility for managing supply chain risk and maximizing margin and cash flow through cost savings and inventory management
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning, procuring and scheduling material to support daily production requirements and fulfilling customer's expectations. Data analysis and decision making to support raw material supply and finished goods demand. Review incoming orders against forecast / material availability, adjusting as necessary and communicating product availability to appropriate parties in the organization.
- Conduct ERP analysis and planning through order placement and management including the following: analyze purchase requisitions; initiate RFQs/RFPs; review bids; select vendors; negotiate terms, conditions and pricing of material or services to be procured and issue/manage subsequent purchase orders. Manage day to day supplier issues, maintain purchasing master data in ERP system andcomplete requireddocumentation associated with government procurement.
- Drive continuous improvement in the supply chain's quality, delivery and cost processes including sourcing activities and inventory reduction.
- Assess sources of supply to maximize overall total cost of ownership. Negotiate and Initiate purchase agreements to support requirements. Manage sub-contracts and develop effective working relationships with suppliers. Develop alternate sources of supply in addition to other actions taken to manage supply risk.
- Manage materials assigned to maximize inventory turns. Participate in material analysis activities for continuous improvement of material, cost, and lead-time.
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
- At least 7-10 years of experience in a manufacturing purchasing environment is required.
- Recent experience in production planning, procurement, material control and scheduling using an MRP automated system is required.
- Experience and knowledge of FAR/DFAR regulations strongly preferred.
- Experience with SAP is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of PC software (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- APICS certified preferred.
- BS degree or equivalent experience required.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.