- Ingram Micro Inc
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $52 billion in revenue, we have become the world's largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Reporting to the Director, Global Supply Chain Strategy & Planning, this position will provide leadership and support to the Global Operations organization. The Global Supply Chain & Strategy - and Planning group drives the development of the overall operations strategy for Ingram Micro including evaluating the evolution of our global supply chain f ootprint . This candidate will partner directly with Global Operations leadership, Country Operations and functional supply chain and commercial teams to development of the overall inventory and stocking strategy for Ingram Micro by using advanced analytics and demand planning principles . This role will be the subject matter expert in the supply chain optimization space with extensive and deep knowledge to independently conduct complex projects across a global, regional, or multi-country team. This will include, comprehensive end-to-end supply chain assessment considering internal and external perspectives, supply chain flow and process mapping, project leadership, inventory strategy and segmentation, customer & client interaction , systems/data management and reporting & analysis .
Responsibilities will include:
- Works closely with Ingram Micro's country operations and various businesses to understand business questions, develop scope, and identify the right approach. Designs, builds and delivers supply chain network and inventory models. Ensures appropriate and correct data is used for effective optimization work.
- Build a standard set of network design models utilizing internal data and public data such as population, GDP that can be used for various businesses or markets and to provide network solutions according to the agreed service level . Long term, p artner with our shared services team and train them to do any routine activities to increases efficiencies in the modeling process
- Support all aspects of inventory strategy analytics including, but not limited to, demand validation, forecasting , safety stock modeling , segmentation analysis , category analytics , NPI and Product lifecycle management models and cannibalization modeling .
- Proactively conducts the report out of the outcome and recommendations of inventory optimization work back to the business in collaboration with the Global Operations leadership .
- Develops, executes and implements more complex and broader supply chain analytics projects and develops tools to draw insights to drive continuous improvement across the organization.
- Independently analyzes and creates metrics and track the success of implemented projects.
- Partner with our markets to build in-market inventory optimizatio n competency .
- Partner with finance lead to identify, track and report on key business initiatives to ensure project is on-time and within budget
- The ideal candidate will have exceptional analytical skills and the ability to translate that analysis into actionable insights for the business
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirements
Provide the education, experience, skills and competencies necessary to perform the position. Indicate whether these qualifications are required or preferred.
- A Bachelor's degree is required, in supply cha in, operations research, industrial engineering or related business field . A Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or Supply Chain Management is preferred.
- Must have 3- 5 years of progressive experience in a large corporate environment with heavy emphasis on supply chain analytics specifically inventory optimization and forecasting science .
- Broad end to end understanding of supply chain principles with deep expertise in supply chain advanced analytics .
- Experience in leading and managing projects; ability to take ownership of the program deliverables, timeline, and budget; ensuring that individual project objectives are achieved on-time with a high degree of quality
- Experience in managing multiple projects / tasks with varying complexities
- Able to drive change, to work with people, and to influence decision making across various Ingram Micro businesses and all levels of the organization
- Role is strategic and focused on developing driver-based modeling and a deeper understanding of factors driving supply chain productivity.
- At least 2-3 years of experience with forecasting modeling and exposure to statistical models used for forecasting demand.
- At least 2-3 years of experience using supply chain optimization tools such as JDA Planning, JDA Strategist, Tools Group or commercial solvers such as Gurobi , CPLEX etc.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills and excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong database skills and ability to handle large amounts of data with database tools like SQL Server.
- Strong data visualization skills using tools like Tableau, Power BI to create dashboards, maps etc. that help visualize complex information in a meaningful and insightful manner.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It's a representation of the things you will be doing and you may not perform all of these duties. Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.