- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Field and Laboratory Technician to join our Mine Waste team on a full-time basis based in Sudbury.
An overview of your role will include:
- Provide technical services in a field, laboratory and office environment
- Supervise and/or carry out site geotechnical inspections of construction work and materials testing
- Conduct in situ testing of various materials on construction sites, compaction testing and testing of concrete and asphalt
- Carry out laboratory tests on soils, aggregates, concrete, and other construction materials to applicable standards
- Monitor the progress of tests until completion, while recording relevant data and observations
- Maintain detailed lab notes
- Clean, maintain, repair and calibrate testing equipment
- Participate in a team environment
- Demonstrate a "Safety-First" focus and act as a role model to other staff
- Maintain a high standard of behavior to uphold Golder's reputation and demonstrate a commitment to our Core Values; and work with and provide support to other members of the field technician group in assisting with other field and office activities as required
You will have a background in:
- Geological, Geotechnical or Civil Engineering Technology Diploma from a recognized Engineering Technology program
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible schedule, with the ability to work overtime and/or weekends as required
- Safety oriented attitude; current First Aid and WHMIS training will be considered an asset
- Previous experience working as a geotechnical technologist will be considered an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.