- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a CAD Designer to work with the engineering team in our Tampa, FL office. The ideal candidate will be capable of developing engineering drawing sets in coordination with engineers and other designers.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Develop design packages associated with linear utilities as directed by the project engineer
- Prepare engineering plans, profiles, sections and details for design, tender, construction and as-built drawing sets for utilities and associated infrastructure
- Compile and/or Model 3D surfaces representing various engineering features such as graded terrain, waterways, wetlands, roads, railroads, etc.
- Prepare conceptual plans and figures for proposals, reports and/or presentations
- Work closely with various engineering and environmental staff to meet the engineering design and drafting needs of our clients
- Know and follow the appropriate/applicable design/drafting standards
- Produce maps from topographic data and survey field notes
- Develop and maintain base files for information used to complete utility and facility designs
- Ensure technical quality of developed designs
- Research and compile publicly available data (imagery, topography, parcel, existing utilities, etc.) and convert into AutoCAD compatible files
- Review survey data to identify missing information or inconsistent data; format survey data in accordance with provided design/drafting standards
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to prioritize and respond to the needs of multiple projects and managers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Independent with strong oral and written communication skills
- Collaborate as a valued member of a multi-disciplinary team to execute projects that meet or exceed client expectations
- Strong sense and commitment to CAD standards and procedures
- T wo-year Certificate or Diploma from an accredited technical school or college in CADD/Engineering Technology
- Understanding of design criteria and 3D modelling applications
- Ability to develop design packages associated with linear pipelines for the Oil and Gas Industry
- Good problem solver with ability to identify alternative solutions
- Ability to Compile 3D models of structures, equipment, piping, and terrain
- Ability to work with some or all the following software: ArcGIS and other ESRI products, CAD Worx, AutoCAD Plant 3D, AutoCAD Map, Raster Design, AutoCAD Visual Basic for Applications
- Local to the Tampa Bay area
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golde r video.