Reporting to the vice president, communications, marketing and advocacy, the communications associate plays a key role in engaging stakeholders both internally and beyond our walls to tell the extraordinary story of Holland Bloorview and advance our No Boundaries strategic plan. The position holder will coordinate day-to-day communications requests across the hospital, leverage hospital accomplishments for external purposes, oversee communications projects and develop on-brand communications materials. The position holder will also provide strategic communications support to internal departments and work with teams to develop digital and design content. The associate will have an opportunity to use their diverse skill set to contribute to corporate awards submissions, conference sponsorship fulfillment, partner/community relations, media relations support and website updates.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience coordinating communication activity in a multi-stakeholder environment as well as experience collaborating with a variety of internal and external partners. The position holder will work closely with all members of the communications and public engagement team and staff from across the organization. This is an opportunity to join a unique, high-performing team that is comprised of both hospital and Holland Bloorview Foundation colleagues that works together to create acceptance of childhood disability, awareness and philanthropy in support of Holland Bloorview.
This position is perfect for an up-and-coming communicator with superb writing skills and 2-3 years of experience who wants to use their talent to create a world of possibility for the children and families we serve. You will have an opportunity to wear many communication hats – as a writer, project coordinator and a key support for web, media relations, research communications and design. You will have an opportunity to contribute, learn and grow at Holland Bloorview while working with a wide-range of colleagues in an award-winning culture.
We are a diverse workforce and welcome applications from Black, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas within our community.
Communications planning and coordination – 50%
- Support the communications and public engagement team in working with hospital colleagues to create marketing and communications materials that can be leveraged for external use
- Support internal departments with strategic communication advice and the development of integrated communications plans; create related marketing collateral including coordination of approvals
- Provide communication support on corporate initiatives including sitting on working groups and providing and coordinating communications support
- Manage event logistics and the creation of communication materials for hospital events
- Act as communications support for change management projects within the hospital including support for Holland Bloorview’s upcoming building renovation and expansion.
- Working with hospital partners, intake and coordinate corporate website and intranet update requests in partnership with the senior digital communications associate
Writing – 40%
- Use writing talent to craft compelling copy, including stories and profiles, for use on the website and corporate intranet, as well as social media.
- Play a key role in Holland Bloorview’s pandemic response by liaising with internal partners to coordinate, craft and distribute all-staff bulletins, FAQs and create signage.
External communications coordination – 10%
- Coordinate with external partners on the promotion of partnered activities
- Support evaluaton and fulfillment processes related to sponsorship of external conferences and events
- Assist in the research, writing and management of corporate awards submissions
- Support media relations outreach as needed
- Degree, diploma or post graduate certificate in public relations, journalism, communications or a related field
- Excellent written communications and editing skills, knowledge of CP style is an asset
- 2-3 years of experience in communications , ideally in a healthcare or not-for-profit setting
- Experience creating and executing integrated communications plans
- Strong oral communications skills
- Ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including researchers, volunteers, staff and partners
- Team player, good judgement and ability to work independently as needed
- Ability to juggle multiple projects under tight timelines
- Understanding of the healthcare sector and childhood disability issues is an asset
- Experience working with content management systems (including MS SharePoint) and Adobe Creative Suite are considered an asset
- Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office 2010 suite
To apply, please visit: https://www.hollandbloorview.ca/about-us/working-with-us/current-job-opportunities
Please submit a copy of your resume, cover letter and two writing samples as part of your application.
More search results
Faculty Positions, Schulich School of Engineering…
University of Calgary
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Delivery Agent / Letter Carrier - Agent de livrai…
Canada Post / Postes Canada
Business Applications Administrator