Security & Emergency Program Coordinator
SECURITY & EMERGENCY PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Job ID: 3722
REGULAR / FULL-TIME
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
SECURITY & EMERGENCY PROGRAM COORDINATOR
The Security and Emergency Program Coordinator is responsible for recommending strategies, procedures and programs pertaining to the safety, security and emergency preparedness of staff, housing developments and tenants, and facilitating their implementation across the province. The position undertakes safety and security audits, conducts investigations and takes a leadership role in coordinating emergency responses. The position manages assigned sections of the Business Continuity Plan and assists with the provision of security services and access control management for all building portfolios. In addition, the position completes threat and risk assessments, coordinates feasibility studies and provides consultation on safety and security initiatives. Over 40 staff will report to this position as part of the Emergency Support Services Partnership Program, when a significant emergency/disaster dictates that Commission staff be reassigned to provincial emergency response duties.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree or advanced diploma in risk management, criminology, security, operations management or similar program. A degree in engineering, building sciences, or training in disaster response and recovery programs an asset.
Considerable experience in coordinating and facilitating the implementation of safety and security programs, preferably for residential buildings. Some experience in program development, analysis and evaluation. Experience in disaster response and recovery programs and business continuity planning an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge of programs, practices and processes associated with security, safety and emergency preparedness, particularly in the areas of ESS, BCEMS, CPTED, risk/threat assessment, and Target Hardening.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Commission’s safety, security and emergency preparedness requirements for its housing developments and working knowledge and understanding of the Commission’s programs and operating requirements.
- Considerable knowledge of building technology and Federal, Provincial and Municipal codes.
- Ability to coordinate the implementation of program activities, analyze and solve issues and make effective decisions, particularly during an emergency situation.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with Commission staff, housing providers and government agencies.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, organizational and program/project coordination skills.
- Effective communication, facilitation, conflict resolution, relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Effective public speaking and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of computer systems and excellent computer skills.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and drive them through to completion.
- Ability to work under pressure during stressful and emergency situations in meeting deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively in a variety of team settings and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work extended hours during emergencies.
- Ability to travel throughout the province, sometimes with limited notice.
Due to the nature of this role, a valid class 5 driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, People with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
More search results
Faculty Positions, Schulich School of Engineering…
University of Calgary
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Delivery Agent / Letter Carrier - Agent de livrai…
Canada Post / Postes Canada
Business Applications Administrator