Manufacturing Supervisor - 1st Shift
- Samuel, Son & Co. (USA) Inc.
- Job Category
- Manufacturing/Supply Chain/Purchasing
- Job Type
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor - First shift , If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, contact us today.
Here are some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation
- Annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Opportunity for fast advancement and career growth
Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirement and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Confer with other department supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Plan and establish with leads, work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Plan, schedule and assign job projects to vessel plant employees, supervising all aspects of the project until completion to assure quality, efficiency and safety standards are met or surpassed in a timely manner.
- Inspect materials, products, and/or equipment to detect defects and malfunctions.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Maintain operations data, such as time, production, and cost records and prepare management reports of production results.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality or efficiency.
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment, parts or repair services.
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring, promotions and SBC. Discipline or recommend discipline as needed.
- Work with local Trainer for initial job training, cross training, and continued career development of personnel.
- Enforce all SPVG policies.
- Minimum of Associates Degree in relative field, or 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to work will in a fast paced environment to meet team expectations.
- Understanding and support of Company policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and abide by all safety rules and regulations to perform the job.
- Must have a basic understanding of and familiarity with computers. Able to operate various software programs for maintaining communications and completing relative administrative tasks.
- Must have reading, writing and simple math skills.
- Must be able to read blue prints.
- Able to understand and operate weld machines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reasoning skills-ability, to apply sensible understanding for carrying out instructions furnished in written and oral form. Ability to deal with and resolve problems/conflicts with vendors, customers and other employees of the organization.
- High degree of attention to detail.
Equal Opportunity Employer
More search results
Nch’kaỷ Development Corporation (NDC) – Chief Exe…
Financial Review & Budget Analyst
Access & Assessment Coordinator
Indigenous Internship Opportunities
Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
Director of the School of Public Policy
Simon Fraser University