- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Installation Products (ELIP) provide customers with engineered installation and safety solutions, which are easier to design, install and maintain - providing sustainable and superior performance for continuous operation throughout their life span.
By working at ABB, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits program, a group retirement savings plan, as well as opportunities for career development within the company.
Reporting to the Vice-President & General Manager ELIP Canada, the ABB St-Jean/St-Rémi Plant Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the overall operations activities. Mobilized and equipped with strong leadership, the Plant Manager leads the team to foster career development and implementation of a culture that will allow for the constant optimization of processes and continuously improve the plant's performance regarding health and safety, quality, service delivery and productivity.
- Responsible for Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and all other compliance standards and regulations in all site functions. Responsible for ensuring a safe working environment and continuous improvement of HSE processes and integrity performance. In addition, must be an ambassador of HSE culture.
- Responsible for the plant vision, the application of the ABB management model and the investment plan.
- Plan and direct the activities of the operations including, among others, the production, technical service, receiving-shipping, quality, health and safety, manufacturing engineering, technical and non-technical departments.
- Accompany and lead his management team in the development and management of performance indicators (KPIs) for the various plant departments to ensure competitive, stable and reliable results in order to meet customer demand.
- Support and lead its management team in the implementation of projects related to continuous improvement in order to improve the performance of the different departments of the plant.
- Act as a liaison with the product design, finance and human resources departments to ensure a clear vision of the unit's global activities.
- Develop the knowledge and skills of his team to meet the needs of the company and the market.
- Facilitate management meetings and conduct analysis of the organization's issues in order to develop a global strategic vision and ensure its deployment throughout the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with relevant experience
- 15 to 20 years experience in similar positions in a manufacturing sector
- Strong Communication skills in both English and French (written and spoken)
- Experience in the field of stamping and machining, an asset
- Knowledge of various principles; lean manufacturing, lean office, 6 Sigma, material and component flow, kanban and tugger, information management, etc.
- Recognized for his mobilization leadership and courage to act
- Respect, integrity, dynamism, team spirit
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and ability to work under pressure
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
Reference Number CA77340386_E1 Publication date 2021-01-22
More search results
Faculty Positions, Schulich School of Engineering…
University of Calgary
Vice President, Aboriginal Partnerships
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Delivery Agent / Letter Carrier - Agent de livrai…
Canada Post / Postes Canada