Global Category Manager
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
ABB Smart Buildings digitally transforms commercial, industrial and residential buildings for the highest comfort, efficiency, safety and security - enhancing quality of life in the buildings of the future, through sustainable electrification solutions, services and products.
In this role you will be developing, planning and implementing Procurement strategy focused on optimizing costs, quality, delivery, reliability of suppliers and supplied products for the Electronics category for Emergency Lighting and Hub Building and Home Automation Solutions, Division Smart Building and ensuring execution in accordance with, Company and Division instructions and procedures. You will also be part a key member of the Smart Building Division Electronics Category team.
- Leveraging the Continuous Improvement Process Sourcing (CIPS) process, implementing effective sourcing strategies in line with business strategy, ensuring that the supply base/suppliers have the capability and capacity to meet current and future business requirements.
- Collaborating with the HUB leadership team and with the Business area and division Electronics category team for aligning strategies, identifying and realizing synergies.
- Managing planning and tracking of procurement activities, cost budgets, emerging country spending and savings forecasts, minimizing risk regarding quality and financial exposure by buying in accordance with quality and commercial procedures and in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Negotiating agreements with main suppliers, and periodically renewing price lists, terms and conditions.
- Adapting corporate contractual framework to the local business needs, recommending frame agreements to management and executing upon approval.
- Ensuring identification, investigation, and selection of appropriate suppliers (focusing on quality, delivery, cost and sustainability) in accordance with Company policies, defining and establishing standard agreements with all major suppliers, providing and maintaining standard terms in purchase contracts/terms and conditions in line with Company directives and guidelines.
- Designing and implementing cost-out programs and/or processes to reach financial targets, applying and implementing PL standards, tools and processes focused on business continuity for the assigned commodity or group of commodities.
- Contributing to and participating in setting and implementing budget and targets within the framework. ensuring the category sourcing performance targets are achieved.
- Supporting projects for new product development and proactively contributing to identifying new technologies and opportunities from the supply market.
- Living ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Management, engineering or equivalent.
- More than 10 years of experience in procurement or supply chain related fields, in a comparable industry.
- Experience with Excel advanced and preferred Power BI.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proactive approach and a strong change management attitude.
- Availability to travel.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
Corporate Talent Team, ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Reference Number HQ77273346_E12 Publication date 2021-01-22
More search results
Faculty Positions, Schulich School of Engineering…
University of Calgary
Vice President, Aboriginal Partnerships
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Delivery Agent / Letter Carrier - Agent de livrai…
Canada Post / Postes Canada