- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a temporary Field Technician to join our office in Richmond, VA. In this position you will provide support on an environmental project completing Odor Surveys for our local client.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Record relevant data through the appropriate means, medium, and/or equipment
- Complete required work tasks, while adhering to current industry standards and regulatory requirement
- Undertake site reconnaissance, inspections, and observations
- Work in a safe manner, including daily preparation of safety observations
- Work with and support other Golder employees in the field or office
- Carry out field work under the direction of more experienced Golder employees
- Legal and safe operation of vehicle on behalf of the company
- Troubleshoot equipment associated with site remediation systems (training provided)
- Assist with other field activities as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to work independently
- Communicate effectively by sharing information with colleagues and supervisors regarding work progress or issues that may arise
- Willingness to regularly perform field assignments under varying weather conditions and terrains
- Periods of standing, sitting, and walking on various surfaces
- Willingness to travel. Golder's global network of offices allows for many opportunities to work on projects locally and around the world. We often have pressing needs for staff to assist clients on national and international projects, and travel to assist on these assignments may be required (up to two weeks at a time).
- Required to work non-standard hours:
- 11 hour, night shift work; schedule consists of 4-days a week on, followed by 4 days off.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment;
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects; and,
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
More search results
Faculty Positions, Schulich School of Engineering…
University of Calgary
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Delivery Agent / Letter Carrier - Agent de livrai…
Canada Post / Postes Canada
Business Applications Administrator