- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder is seeking a Process Engineer to join our Gorgas project in Birmingham Alabama. In this role, you will direct the operation of the Ash Thickening Plant (ATP). You will work closely with the Operators and Maintenance teams at the ATP to meet the targets of the Plant Gorgas Closure Project. You will also work closely with the Deposition Engineer and Marine Supervisor to plan and coordinate the system operation. This role requires 12-hour shift work - two weeks on, two weeks off.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Direct and monitor operations related to:
- Dewatering screens
- Flocculant systems
- Agitated tanks
- High pressure pipeline systems
- Direct and monitor the operation of slurry, water and thickened ash pumping and pipeline systems
- Work with the project manager and other area supervisors to plan/optimize pours and meet/exceed facility performance guarantees
- Support operators in day-to-day monitoring, troubleshooting, cleanup and other plant priorities
- Analyze and assess daily reports produced in the lab and via other QC activities for plant optimization
- Support and interface with maintenance teams to plan for repairs, parts and shutdowns
- Update the 3D model with as-built information during operations
- Interface with other operational teams and quality assurance/control teams
- Plan and direct the QA/QC at the plant site in conjunction with the lab techs
- Schedule and train operators, visitors, cross-shift, and other personnel
- Plan and manage plant consumables and critical spares
- Organize and liaise with vendors and manufacturers with respect to equipment issues including; arranging for 3rd party OEM maintenance
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- Mechanical or Process engineering background is preferred
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience
- Operations experience in a heavy industrial setting e.g., power plants, mines, mills
- Ability to work in 12-hour shifts (day or night) - two weeks on/two weeks off
- PE license
- Experience in dewatering/thickening plants or water treatment plants
- Experience dealing with slurry applications
- Consulting experience
- Piping standards (B31.3 and B31.4)
- Autocad Plant 3D experience
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment;
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects; and,
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
More search results
Faculty Positions, Schulich School of Engineering…
University of Calgary
Vice President, Aboriginal Partnerships
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Delivery Agent / Letter Carrier - Agent de livrai…
Canada Post / Postes Canada