- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
FLIR Integrated Imaging Solutions (IIS) is a division of FLIR that is focused on designing and manufacturing innovative Machine Vision products using leading edge sensors. We are headquartered in the Great Vancouver Area of BC. Our products are used in a variety of industries including quality inspection, measurement, traceability, vision-guided automation, robotics, and intelligent traffic systems.
Our team is a group of diverse,funindividuals passionate about firmware development, testing and automation. As leaders in the Machine Vision industry, we strive to keep up to date with the latest industry standards and prioritize quality in every aspect of our work. We are looking for someone to work with us on test case execution, design and automation improvements for our camera firmware as a Test Engineer on our Firmware Team.
Your passion for technology is evident from your actions and easy to see when discussing your personal projects and recent activities.
You show an eagerness to learn and aim to better yourself through independent learning and collaboration with a team.
You enjoy a high degree of autonomy when working and have a genuine desire to learn from and support your team.
Our team is self-organizing and highlycollaborative. Each member of the team has direct input in the stories and tasks we commit to. We strongly believe in the Scrum methodology and are constantly improving ourselves and our processes to make sure what we're doing works for us. You will work closely with your team to plan, develop, and improve firmware testing and processes. As you gain experience, you will grow your skills and expand your responsibilities in manual testing, automation, test development, and DevOps. You will also have opportunities to collaborate with people in the Software team, and gain insight into software SDK and driver testing.
The successful candidate would be responsible for:
- Implementing design verification tests to help identify complex firmware problems
- Debugging/fixing firmware features
- Troubleshooting hardware/firmware/software interactions
- Executing automated tests to verify camera function
- Designing and implementing improvements to our process and infrastructure
- Build, testing, and releasing new firmware
- Degree or diploma in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 1+ years of work experience
- Proficient in C++
- Proficient in Microsoft Visual Studio
- Deep understanding of OOP design
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude
- Highly organized individual with a keen attention to detail
- Test methodology and test design experience
- Experience with embedded systems
- Jenkins or similar automation tool
- Experience with XML
- Proficiency with scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bash) and GUI automation frameworks
- Experience with source control and issue tracking systems (SVN, git, JIRA)
- Comfortable with simple hardware debugging
- Knowledge of Ethernet, USB, and other communication protocols
Technologies We Use:
Our tests are primarily written in C++ through Visual Studio on Windows and our automation ranges from simple shell scripts to more complex Python programs. We are interested in candidates from any background so long as you have some technical experience and an eagerness to learn.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Faculty Positions, Schulich School of Engineering…
University of Calgary
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Delivery Agent / Letter Carrier - Agent de livrai…
Canada Post / Postes Canada
Business Applications Administrator