CNC Lathe Machinist
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
FLIR Optical Systems Group (OSG) a division of FLIR systems, is one of the world's leading manufacturers of Infrared Optical Systems. Our lenses are vital components in the defense, high end commercial, and commercial industries. We are looking for a CNC Lathe Programmer and Operator in our Machine Shop department. The CNC Lathe Machinist will program, setup and produce components that are used in our assembly department.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process lathe work
- Program lathe jobs on the machine as well as Master Cam
- Program, setup, operate and run jobs in CNC and Toolroom Lathes
- Create in-process tooling
- Self-inspect in process and final parts
- Maintain machines and tooling/general machine shop maintenance as necessary
- Perform machining on parts maintaining responsibility for product quality
- Provide instruction to other lathe operators as needed
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce
- Minimum 10 years CNC Lathe / turning experience required
- Proficiency in GCode required
- Proficiency in Mastercam programming preferred
- Ability to read piecepart drawings
- Proficiency in the use of precision measuring equipment such as Vernier's, Micrometers, Indicators, etc.
- Ability to work from complicated blueprints and designs with tight tolerances
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Faculty Positions, Schulich School of Engineering…
University of Calgary
Vice President, Aboriginal Partnerships
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Delivery Agent / Letter Carrier - Agent de livrai…
Canada Post / Postes Canada