Buyer / Planner (SAP)
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
FLIR Optical Systems Group (OSG) a division of FLIR systems, is one of the world's leading manufacturers of Infrared Optical Systems. Our lenses are vital components in the defense, high end commercial, and commercial industries.
We are looking for a highly organized and motivated Buyer/Planner to join the Supply Chain department. The Buyer will purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Source components with approved suppliers for production
- Set, maintain and adjust appropriate stock levels for systems in production
- Work with suppliers on scheduling in order to support production requirements
- Generate Purchase Orders & Requisitions for open requirements
- Work with suppliers with on time delivery, quality and cost objectives
- Provide analysis of costing against cost targets
- Perform cost reduction activities in order to maintain budgets and/or reduce costs
- Prepare reports and updates as needed
- Resolve shipment and invoice discrepancies
- Ensure accuracy of data in SAP and data entry as required
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
- SAP experience required, 1-2 years minimum
- 2+ years of relevant experience in either a buyer/planner role or a procurement/materials sourcing role.
- Knowledge in sourcing metal components a plus
- Problem solving skills in relation to sourcing issues in order to support production requirements
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills, ability to use Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills, creative and resourceful
- Self-motivated, ability to work both independently and within a team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people professionally
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Faculty Positions, Schulich School of Engineering…
University of Calgary
Vice President, Aboriginal Partnerships
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Delivery Agent / Letter Carrier - Agent de livrai…
Canada Post / Postes Canada