Senior Manager, Program Analysis
SENIOR MANAGER, PROGRAM ANALYSIS
Job ID: 3743
SHORT-TERM (UNTIL JAN 31, 2022)/FULL-TIME
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
SENIOR MANAGER, PROGRAM ANALYSIS
Reporting to the Director Program Planning, the Senior Manager Program Analysis is the subject matter expert on the history, intent and operational requirements of provincial and federal housing programs and works collaboratively across the Commission to lead the development and implementation of new programs and other program-related initiatives. He/she/they leads a team of program analysts in researching, evaluating and developing programs, the accompanying policies, frameworks, procedures, resources and tools, as well as program implementation strategies for new and revised programs.
The Senior Manager also leads the analysis of housing providers and projects at risk of failure and works closely with staff from other business areas to support and develop feasible solutions for providers requiring assistance planning for subsidy expiry or requesting financing for capital repairs or upgrades. The Senior Manager consults and liaises with Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), Ministry staff, housing providers and other external agencies, and works closely with legal counsel and project development teams on a wide variety of business and legal issues.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree in planning, public policy, business, finance, investment, urban land economics, asset management or other relevant discipline.
- Considerable senior level experience in housing program and policy analysis, housing provider portfolio analysis, business and property risk analysis, and interpretation of complex agreements and financial reports.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of Federal-Provincial housing agreements (including the Social Housing Agreement), and the social housing programs at both the federal and provincial levels.
- Considerable knowledge of housing project risk management, revenue and expense analysis, and financing.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of risk modelling, and the ability to assess risk and develop a comprehensive risk profile for housing providers, projects and portfolios.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of the financial and operational aspects of social housing developments involving multiple projects, housing programs, service delivery approaches, agreements and partners.
- Knowledge of service delivery models and issues relating to vulnerable populations with complex needs.
- Ability to learn and understand the legislation, organization, and policies relating to BC Housing and CMHC.
- Ability to establish a high level of rapport with the Executive, senior management, government, housing partners and other stakeholders to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to analyze and re-design standards for programs where appropriate.
- Strong ability to think conceptually, analyze and solve complex issues, exercise sound judgment and make effective decisions/recommendations.
- Ability to relate effectively with all levels of staff, other agencies, societies and the public.
- Ability to manage multiple issues and projects, co-ordinate work with others, keep senior management apprised of major issues and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to foster and create a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment.
- Ability to lead, coach, mentor and motivate staff in a multi-stakeholder team environment.
- Effective leadership, consultative, facilitation, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing, editing and public presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills, especially in spreadsheet and word processing, and an ability to learn and understand mission-critical corporate enterprise applications
- Effective consensus building, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, People with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
More search results
Faculty Positions, Schulich School of Engineering…
University of Calgary
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Delivery Agent / Letter Carrier - Agent de livrai…
Canada Post / Postes Canada
Business Applications Administrator