Environmental Engineer in Training, Contaminated Site and Remediation
- Job Category
- Job Type
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation.
GHD has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Environmental Engineer to join our Contaminated Sites and Remediation team. This position can either be located in Mississauga or downtown Toronto office.
Our local teams specialize in environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, civil engineering, and contract administration. The environmental engineering team supports brownfield redevelopment projects, completes environmental site assessments and remediation, provides environmental services to public and private client sectors across Ontario, and develops and manages long term operation, maintenance, and monitoring of remedial systems and risk management measures.
Currently this position is virtual, with flexibility to work out of our Mississauga, Toronto, St. Catharines or Waterloo office in future.
- Prepare project related technical documents including environmental reports, technical specifications, work plans & cost estimates, and drawings for review.
- Field work and oversight associated with environmental investigations and remediation activities will be required, and will include site investigations, contractor management, drilling, soil sampling, well installation, groundwater sampling, excavation, contract administration, vapour sampling, etc.
- Coordination and scheduling of project related work, including working with other GHD staff, external contractors, and public entities (i.e. obtain permits)
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Relevant Bachelors of Environmental Engineering, or equivalent
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) designation in Ontario is an asset
- 0-3 years’ of experience in the environmental engineering field. Experience working in a construction setting is an asset
- Willingness to travel to undertake field work is required (field demands can include working long hours, working in inclement weather conditions, and working in remote locations)
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail
- Flexible with project types and responsibilities
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills to effectively express technical information to multiple audiences including subcontractors, field staff, clients, colleagues, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and be highly communicative
- Ability to manage your schedule
- Valid driver's license (an MVR check will be performed prior to hire)
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.