Inside Sales Representative - Automotive Spot-Sales
- Canada Samuel, Son & Co
- Job Category
- Sales and Business Development
- Job Type
At Samuel, Son & Co., your success is our business. As a leading metals and industrial products manufacturer, processor and distributor, we leverage our industry expertise, breadth of experience and the passion of our people to help drive success for North American business—one customer at a time. We go beyond quality, price competitiveness, reliability and service. As a strategic supplier, we work collaboratively with our customers to understand their challenges and opportunities, and to develop innovative solutions that create value and meet real business needs. Our people are the source of our strength, vitality and reputation. We are a team—always moving, improving and getting things done. We focus on doing the right thing for our customers and employees— and we never compromise our integrity. We safeguard our employees’ health and well-being, give back to our communities and demonstrate respect for the environment.
Samuel, Son & Co. Because it’s not just business. It’s family.
POSITION TITLE: Inside Sales Representative - Spot Sales Team
DEPARTMENT: Automotive Sales - Find Metals Fast Group
LOCATION: Hamilton, ON
REPORTS TO: Account Manager
- Develop product and operational knowledge of Samuel, Son & Co., Limited.
- Train with our sales team and attend all job related training sessions.
- Develop knowledge of all applicable Samuel facilities.
- Provide back-up coverage for the other Inside Sales Representatives.
- Maintain ongoing contact with customers and promote exemplary customer service.
- Work as a part of the Automotive Spot-Sales team.
- Work with our Technical Service team to register parts for newly received business.
- Enter and track all open orders.
- Develop a strong understanding of automotive grade metals.
- Develop an understanding of the costing / quoting breakdown.
- Stay current on market activity and trends to optimize profitability through market opportunities.
- Build trust and relationships with new and existing customers.
- Research and develop new leads.
- Work with the automotive sales team to build optimal setups to reduce costs.
- Locate material on the spot-market to satisfy future requirements and opportunities.
- Manage account activity and status.
- Work with various departments to ensure timely execution and delivery.
- Generate quotations and supply product information to satisfy customer needs in a timely manner.
- Provide solutions to customer inquiries.
- Develop strong relationships internally and externally.
- Initiate a sales career development plan.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Marketing & Sales or Business Administration.
- Desire to learn.
- High energy and initiative.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work under time constraints and adapt to change.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Automotive Metals experience is an asset.
- S400 experience is also an asset.