Corporate Strategic Solutions Manager (Revenue)
CORPORATE STRATEGIC SOLUTIONS MANAGER (REVENUE)
POSITION CODE: 2021-041
LOCATION: The Globe and Mail, Toronto
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
The Globe is looking for a Corporate Strategic Solutions Manager to grow The Globe’s commercial relationships outside of media with large businesses. This role is an opportunity to proactively develop relationships and business solutions that bring group subscriptions, content, and technology to the forefront in solving business problems. The Corporate Strategic Solutions Manager will target C-Suite leaders in specific industries to foster business relationships and work cross-functionally to maximize the impact and effectiveness of The Globe product offering to large businesses.
- Target specific industries with the highest potential.
- Nurture existing and develop new senior level business relationships across large organizations.
- Develop sales materials/ solutions/ pricing to engage, discuss, and activate strategic partnership discussions that bring group subscriptions, journalism, content, and engagement to the forefront.
- Work cross functionally to develop pricing and evolve service offering to target audiences.
- Foster cross-functional communication on client developments and relationships.
- Creatively package The Globe product offering to address business issues for target clients with emphasis on financial services, legal and business consulting/service industries.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required. Master’s Business Administration would be an asset.
- 10-15 years of experience as a business-to-business sales professional, some of which spent selling to C-Suites in large organizations.
- Experience in developing client relationships at strategic level and ability to bring to tactical.
- Ability to develop sales story and materials.
- Ability to influence different areas of the business to get necessary resources to effectively meet client needs.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of financial services, legal and/or business consulting industries.
- Working knowledge of the publishing and/or media industry.
- Strong digital background and knowledge.
- Ability to work in ambiguous environment and can effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, decide and act without having all the details.
- Experience working in a matrix environment.
THE GLOBE AND MAIL IS DEDICATED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN THE WORKPLACE
The Globe and Mail is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We believe this strengthens our business and our journalism. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, regardless of race, ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, age, and physical ability. As required by the Federal Contractors Program, The Globe also tracks the proportion of staff in the four Employment Equity categories (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Persons with Disabilities, and Members of Visible Minorities) to ensure we are reflecting the areas in which we work.
The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.