EL Rotational Discovery Program 2021
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
ABB Electrification business (EL) is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
For our Early Career Program, we are looking for motivated, energetic and innovative Electrical Engineering graduates. This is a rotational program that will allow you to experience 3 different rotations lasting 8 months each, in preparation for a permanent opportunity at ABB.
- This Early Career Program will include the following foundational elements:
- On-the-job intensive training.
- Multiple in-person deep dive experiences, focused on learning & development, networking and executive interactions.
- One-on-one career & leadership coaching.
- Peer mentoring.
- Through the ABB Discovery - Early Career Program, we will provide you with a thorough foundation of the ABB Canada Electrification Business Area:
- Opportunity to learn about the relevant business functions or product lines.
- Complete meaningful projects.
- Engage with supervisors and mentors to develop your skills.
- Exposure and participation to regular professional development opportunities.
- Living ABB's core values of Care, Courage, Curiosity and Collaboration.
- After successfully graduating from the program, we will work closely with you to help you identify a position within the ABB Electrification Business Area.
- Program Requirements
- Desire to learn and grow from a diverse group of people and experiences.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, professionalism, and desire to collaborate with others.
- Innovative and tech-savvy mindset
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with less than 2 years of work experience or graduating by May 2020.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required. French knowledge is an important asset since our Canadian head office is based in Montreal.
- The program will be held in Montreal, therefore the selected candidates must be prepared to relocate for the duration of this program.
- Apply Now!
- We are focused on learning about who you are and what you're interested in to uncover your true potential.
- As part of your application please submit the following:
- Recently updated resume
- An introductory letter that explains what kind of contribution you can make as part of this ABB Discovery team and what particularly attracts you to this opportunity. The ABB Values represent the cornerstone of our culture: Courage, Care, Curiosity and Collaboration. They are there to guide and shape our actions and interactions with each other, our customers, partners and society as a whole. Show us how your personal contribution would relate to our values and what makes you the ideal candidate for this program, in a single page letter.
- Your most recent Grades transcript
- Your letters of recommendation (if you have any)
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
For the first time in #ABB Canada's history, we are pleased to announce that we have been recognized as one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People. This recognition highlights our mission to empower and celebrate young talent who are committed to making an impact.
Reference Number CA77324433_E1 Publication date 2021-01-18
More search results
Faculty Positions, Schulich School of Engineering…
University of Calgary
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Delivery Agent / Letter Carrier - Agent de livrai…
Canada Post / Postes Canada
Business Applications Administrator