- XPO Logistics, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Logistics done differently.
Transport Topics ranked XPO Logistics the #1 logistics company in North America, and Forbes named us one of America's best employers. At XPO, our employees take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As the Maintenance Technician, you will perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance processes. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Maintain Chucks, 6 River mobile pick units, etc.
- Repair and maintain a wide variety of equipment associated with the facility; have firm knowledge of plant layout and stay on top of current company policies as they relate to safety, environmental issues, etc.
- Maintain facilities infrastructure and equipment in various areas, including skilled carpentry, electrical, painting, plastering, dry walling, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and mechanical work; coordinate and schedule third-party service providers as needed
- Perform advanced-level plumbing work, including installing, repairing and replacing plumbing fixtures, and clearing obstructions from water and sewer lines
- Assist in the implementation of new processes and equipment as they are brought into the company
- Process products that require testing and mechanical evaluation, and complete all cosmetic repairs to restore products to sellable conditions
- Perform scheduled routine machine maintenance, including disassembling, cleaning and inspecting machine mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, low-voltage electrical and coolant systems; repair electrical switches, outlets, lighting systems and fixtures
- Complete necessary preventive maintenance in a timely manner; document preventive maintenance, equipment repair, part usages, etc.
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Experience reading simple electrical, mechanical and pneumatic drawings
- Microsoft Office experience
- Knowledge of electrical, electronic, pneumatic and mechanical systems
It'd be great if you also have:
- Associate or bachelor's degree, specialized vocational training or equivalent education and experience in product maintenance
- Active Journeyman license
- 2 years of facility maintenance experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills
- Experience with tools and equipment used in building maintenance, reconstruction and repair work
- Experience using drawings, manuals and diagrams to coordinate and complete installation of equipment and components according to specifications
- Excellent communication skills with managers, employees and vendors while delivering status reports and performing maintenance and repair work, machinery installations or moves
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. above the waist and carry heavy objects
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Access any area of the equipment to perform necessary maintenance, including inspecting and performing work in, on or under parts of the equipment
- Safely and effectively operate lift trucks and manual lifting equipment in the process of installing, modifying or repairing industrial equipment
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
Accommodation email must include:
• Your name
• Job title with location (city/province) and requisition ID
• A clear description of the disability accommodation that you are seeking
More search results
Faculty Positions, Schulich School of Engineering…
University of Calgary
Vice President, Aboriginal Partnerships
Vice-President Membership, Sales, and Indigenous …
Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Delivery Agent / Letter Carrier - Agent de livrai…
Canada Post / Postes Canada