IT Business Analyst (PT03)
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
We are looking for a professional with experience in both Information Technology and Business Administration. The successful applicant will serve as the liaison between the executive and IT departments of our company, leveraging the data the IT team extrapolates while also overseeing the selection and implementation of software programs and hardware resources. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented and highly innovative. He or she will also be responsible for translating business needs to IT solutions, and vice versa, with current programs, projects and initiatives in mind.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meets with users of assigned functional areas to discuss business needs and procedures
- Installation and configuration of Data Archiving, Asset Management and other IT Solutions in support of Trade Compliance
- Implement target system integration
- Troubleshoot and support applications and systems
- Analyzes and generates functional specifications for information systems
- Prepares technical design documentation based on his/her analysis of business functions
- Designs program flow charts, data fields and database tables, as well as other documentation which may be required
- Programs modifications, new custom transactions, utilities and reports. Conducts program tests and corrects any program errors.
- Performs system tests with the support of his/her supervisor and of the lead users of the applications developed.
- Prepares end user documentation
- Establishes training programs and coordinates training for users if required
- Work with the stakeholders to understand the requirements and communicate the requirements effectively to the product team
- Knowledge and skills of Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC)
- Understanding of Product Management software such as Jira, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Research solutions to increase work efficiency
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Software Development, Computer Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Business/Systems Analysis or a related field
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Advanced technical skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- A track record of following through on commitments
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.