- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Manufacturing Engineer will guide teams and frequently meet with others to review the manufacturing process, goals, and current status. They will be involved in project planning, product work-flow, and the design and planning for the manufacturing process. They are involved in product planning, providing input and knowledge into original product design -- with an eye to what is required to ultimately manufacture the product.
- Provide manufacturing engineering guidance and support; support new product development and orchestrate new product transition into manufacturing.
- Provide fabrication process expertise for mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical components and assemblies and work with design teams to provide input.
- Design and develop assembly tooling as required.
- Perform BOM Analysis; identify Sole Source/Single Source concerns and manage Part EOL issues.
- Perform DFx Analysis at all levels of design, identifying opportunities for assembly improvement and cost reduction.
- Create DFx reports and metrics
- Analyze manufacturing processes and their impact on product manufacturing parameters.
- Supplier analysis, identification, qualification, and implementation.
- Review, create, and support product/process documentation as appropriate.
- Participate in or lead value stream mapping and Kaizen workshops as needed.
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering on an established product, and NPI of system level products and process/product improvements.
- Track record of successfully transitioning products into manufacturing (contract manufacturing preferred).
- Process cost analysis /modeling experience.
- Broad manufacturing experience with electrical, mechanical, and electro-mechanical products.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem identification/solving skills.
- Working VALOR knowledge/experience for PCBA reviews
- Intermediate level skills in Autocad and/or Solidworks.
- Proven project planning, scheduling and management skills.
- Military product experience a plus.
- SPC/DOE/Six Sigma/lean manufacturing tool skills preferred.
- Value stream mapping, Kaizen and extensive Lean manufacturing experience highly preferred.
- Familiarity with SAP, SolidWorks, Windchill and Oracle a plus.
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.