Graduate Civil Engineer
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder is currently seeking an entry-level Civil Engineer for our Irvine, California office to provide support in civil, solid waste, and environmental projects. Projects may include civil engineering design, stormwater design and management, geotechnical evaluation, subsurface investigation, environmental remediation, waste management facility design and permitting, and construction management.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Conduct field investigations to support environmental, solid waste, and mining projects
- Provide monitoring and testing for environmental projects
- Provide construction quality assurance monitoring and testing for solid waste and mining projectsLin
- Perform engineering calculations and analyses
- Develop permit, design, and construction drawings using computer aided drafting (AutoCad, Civil3D)
- Write technical reports
- 1 or more years of experience desired, recent graduates welcome to apply
- Bachelors of Science degree in Civil Engineering required
- Previous work experience in the civil, environmental, or mining field preferred
- The candidate shall have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to work both independently and within groups
- Computer skills include: Word, Excel, and database software
- EIT registration
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER training
- Experience and proficiency in AutoCAD
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment;
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects; and,
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing, and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.