- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder is seeking a Graduate Engineer to join our Roseville, CA office to provide support on civil, solid waste, land development and environmental projects.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Assisting in the planning, design, and implementation of civil and environmental engineering projects relating to waste management, stormwater collection and treatment, environmental restoration and remediation, and other specialty projects.
- Assisting with the preparation of design drawings, regulatory permit documents, and technical specifications specifically related to containment systems, stormwater and surface water, erosion and sediment control, and other construction related permits.
- Assisting in preparing studies and other communications for civil and environmental engineering projects.
- Performing field activities either individually or as part of a team that may include:
- the collection of field data and instrumentation monitoring
- observation of construction activities
- logging and sampling of geotechnical and environmental boreholes
- oversight of related subcontractor services
- Provide field monitoring and testing for construction projects.
- Demonstrating a safety conscious focus.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental or Geotechnical Engineering or related discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a positive attitude and ability to work both independently and in groups
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Willing and able to travel to projects within the US
- Passenger vehicle driving will be required for some services
- FE/EIT registration
- Relevant work experience, Co-op or internship
- Experience and proficiency with AutoCAD
- Field logging and sampling, laboratory testing, or experience with slope stability, settlement, general civil design experience, construction experience, rock engineering, and other geotechnical analyses
- Nuclear density gauge certification and experience operating a nuclear density gauge
- Landfill design and/or construction experience
- Geoenvironmental engineering or landfill design coursework
- A willingness to perform a variety of assignments on short notice
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages;
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment;
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects; and,
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.