- Mount Laurel,NJ
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Across the globe, companies and governments are creating the world of tomorrow. They are building vital infrastructure, developing projects, restoring landscapes and renewing their economies with sustainability in mind. We are an employee-owned, global organization providing consulting, design, and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment, and energy through technical excellence, innovative solutions and award-winning client service. Today, our clients represent the world's major industries and drivers of development: Oil and Gas, Mining, Manufacturing, Power, and Infrastructure.
Employee owned since being founded in 1960, our more than 6,500 people operating from 165 offices worldwide deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed. At Golder, we thrive on challenges. Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment? Do you have a passion for engineering, but are still considering a few disciplines? Maybe you just need a bit more hands-on experience to help you uncover your true calling. On-the-job training with world-renowned engineers and scientists will propel you and set you up for success with real career experience before graduation. If you're ready to kick-start your civil or environmental engineering career with an industry leader, look no further than Golder. Golder embodies a culture that thrives on technical expertise, fosters creative solutions, embraces diversity and celebrates creative and value-added solutions for our clients.
The prospective Engineering Intern will assist with various civil and geotechnical projects, working primarily in our Mount Laurel, New Jersey office. Assignments may also entail working in our Bristol, Pennsylvania office.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Both office and fieldwork on varied projects and may include learning opportunities in, but not necessarily limited to, environmental remedial investigation and design; solid waste landfill design, permitting, and construction quality assurance (CQA) inspection; geotechnical investigations and analyses; and other civil engineering projects.
- Office assignments may include performing and checking engineering calculations associated with stormwater and geotechnical design, preparing graphs and tables using Microsoft Excel, and assisting in the preparation of various engineering reports and documents.
- Field assignments may include construction inspection, environmental soil and water sampling, geotechnical monitoring, subsurface investigations, and operations/maintenance of remedial systems.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Qualified candidates must currently be enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program in engineering with an emphasis in civil, geotechnical, environmental, or related engineering field at DREXEL UNIVERSITY;
- Preferred candidates will have good verbal and written communication skills, with a positive attitude, and the ability to work both independently and in groups;
- Completion of introductory geotechnical, engineering geology, hydrology, and environmental engineering courses would be helpful but not required.
- Prior co-operative education experience would also be a plus, but is not required, and will partially dictate work assignments.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER is required for some fieldwork; it will be provided if needed; preferential consideration for candidates with this training
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.