- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new full-time opportunity within our Water team for a Hydrogeologist based in Melbourne. The role includes assisting the hydrogeological site investigations including groundwater sampling and supervising sites. You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to understand client's needs. The salary will be between $65k to $75k base depending on experience.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking regular field work and site visits for investigative (drilling), monitoring, studying groundwater supply and contaminated land / sites;
- Designing and supervising of hydrogeological site investigations including undertaking packer tests including experience in deep wells (> 100 m depth) and using multi-packer systems, hydraulic testing and sampling in horizontal wells (>100 m), monitoring well installation, pump testing and hydraulic fracture tests;
- Supervising drilling programmes, including drilling of vertical and horizontal boreholes and subsequent design of wells;
- Developing hydrogeological conceptual models and assessing geological conditions and contaminant loadings to current and future use of land;
- Interpretting of bore logs into 3D geological models and geological, hydrogeological and chemical data;
- Gauge water levels and assessing groundwater flow directions and vertical gradients;
- Preparing proposals, reports and deliverables under senior review;
- Ensuring compliance with environmental legislation and keep up to date with technological and legislative developments;
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or related discipline and a Master's in Hydrogeology will be highly regarded;
- Demonstrated field and site experience with strong health and safety focus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication with interpersonal skills;
- An ability to articulate complex issues simply with a client focus and quality delivery;
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively within a team with displays personal leadership;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; advanced in Excel and ability to use Hydrobench to undertake hydraulic analysis;
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading specialised engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 155 offices in more than 40 countries, Golder's 7,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialised skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people - we operate with integrity and embrace diversity.
All qualified applicants who meet the specific criteria outlined above including the special opportunity criteria are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.