LENDING OFFICER (MULTIPLE POSITIONS)
Job ID: 3747
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
Reporting to the Manager, Lending Services, the Lending Officer is responsible for providing financial, legal, and lending advice and leadership to Development and Asset Strategies teams, housing providers, and "for profit" developers on a diverse portfolio of housing developments. The position evaluates the financial structure of projects, develops risk profiles, identifies potential issues, and recommends strategies to mitigate risks of ownership, funding, and financial sustainability. The role participates in funding discussions and negotiations with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to ensure projects are properly assessed for risk and financially viable with appropriate capital structures and funding sources. The Lending Officer supports the Manager with the review of larger, complex projects and contributes to the development of tools, methodologies, and guidelines that facilitate the ongoing identification, evaluation, monitoring, and mitigation of risk to the Commission.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce, urban land economics, finance, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum six years well rounded, considerable experience within commercial/multi-unit underwriting or appraisal.
- Experience in risk and financial analysis and/or in the non-profit sector dealing with redevelopment of land and properties is an asset.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the structuring and financing of social and mixed market housing developments involving multiple partners
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of risk modelling, and the ability to assess risk and develop a comprehensive risk profile for each project
- Working knowledge and understanding of departmental policies and procedures of the Commission’s mandate and programs
- Ability to work in a team environment and facilitate creative thinking with respect to the best use of development properties, forms of ownership, financing structures and strategies for mitigating risk
- Ability to establish a high level of rapport with Commission staff, and housing development partners and stakeholders
- Ability to analyze information, identify implications, strategize options, form solutions, and make effective decisions using a high degree of judgement and business acumen
- Ability to effectively manage a portfolio of diverse projects and balance diverse interest, risks, and priorities
- Strong organizational, research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong consultative, facilitation, leadership and interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers