Senior Tenant Support Worker
SENIOR TENANT SUPPORT WORKER
Job ID: 3774
Location: VANCOUVER, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
SENIOR TENANT SUPPORT WORKER:
The Senior Tenant Support Worker (TSW) position performs in conjunction with a designated Housing and Health Nurse as part of an intensive case management team to provide support, training and assistance to tenants with complex social and or health care needs and/or behavioural issues that are affecting their tenancy. The team assesses, develops and implements a service plan to address the complex needs of tenants to assist in preserving tenancies or ensuring tenants explore and obtain support services most appropriate for their needs. The Senior TSW maintains a lead role in moving tenants along the housing continuum and will act as a liaison with internal and external stakeholders to explore housing options which may include supportive housing referrals, assisted living/long term care facilities or assistance in obtaining a private market home with a rent supplement.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of an advanced diploma in social sciences such as social work, health care, community mental health, or
- other relevant discipline.
- Minimum four years’ experience in case management or consultation, direct supportive counselling and psychosocial
- focus program planning with diverse populations that face multiple barriers to successful housing.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Criminal Record Check is required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of current social issues such as poverty, homelessness, mental illness, addictions, domestic violence, child protection, etc.
- Sound knowledge of community resources and methods of access;
- Sound knowledge of assessment, planning and organizing psychosocial focus program;
- Working knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act and applicable Health and Safety regulations;
- Ability to learn and understand BC Housing programs, policies, operational structure, and social housing programs, and their role in the social service system;
- Ability to apply a high degree of discretion in establishing supportive, trusting relationships with tenants while respecting the role and obligations of property management staff according to the Residential Tenancy Act;
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external clients;
- Ability to assist groups to develop and co-ordinate community activities and programs;
- Ability to build and maintain professional, confidential relationships with multi-barriered people;
- Ability to work effectively across organizational departments and in a team and partnership context;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Strong awareness of cultural diversity
- Strong skills in crisis intervention, mediation and conflict resolution;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and basic computer systems
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
- Due to the nature of this role, a valid class 5 driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Due to the nature of this role, access to a reliable vehicle will be required
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers