Human Resources Business Partner
About BNP Paribas
We aspire to be the reference among European banks with a global reach, the preferred long-term partner to our clients, and a contributor to responsible and sustainable global development. With more than 195,000 employees operating in 73 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850 000 professionals, entrepreneurs, small and medium-sized enterprises and large corporate clients. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in ambition, integrity and agility. As the world continues to change you will be expected to not only embody all of these qualities but to challenge and be challenged, to create and innovate. Join us in shaping the bank of tomorrow - one for a changing world.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.
REPORT TO Senior Human Resources Business Partner
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
In the context of fast growth, the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) serves as the advisor to business leaders to align people and organizational strategies of the assigned business / functional area to business strategies and objectives.
While acting as a strategic partner, the HRBP provides support in different areas of human resources including leadership and talent development, organizational planning, employee relations and performance management, for example.
The HRBP helps drive the understanding and adoption of Group and Regional HR programs, managing the execution of program activities for the assigned clients. The HRBP contributes to the development and implementation of local HR programs and policies. They support the HR service delivery model and works closely with other functional areas (e.g. Talent Acquisition, Training, Compensation & Benefits) to facilitate broader HR support.
- Own relationships with leaders and establish credibility as a trusted advisor to influence and support key strategic and operational decisions
- Understand the operating model and business strategy for assigned clients, assessing the talent impact
- Drive the development and execution of the talent strategy with assigned clients, in line with Group programs and policies
- Support Group and Regional HR processes such as the performance appraisal process
- Identify HR’s contribution to realizing clients objectives and leverage HR services or programs to suit the needs of covered businesses / functions
- Act as change agent in context of growth & represent BNPP values and participate in the development of change initiatives and programs to support organizational culture
- Drive the adoption of HR policies and practices and educate leaders and managers regarding HR capabilities
- Assess existing HR programs and practices and participate in the development and implementation of local HR initiatives and policies
- Leverage employee feedback to maintain awareness of covered population, issues and challenges
- Support managers and mitigate legal risk to the Bank on sensitive and litigious issues such as workplace conflict, performance management, separations, employment standards and workplace violence and harassment
- Participate as required with internal, external, and government controls and audits
- Other duties as assigned
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive HR experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Management, Organizational Development, or related field
- Fluent in French and English
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Experience working with human resources best practices
- Proven success working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working collaboratively to facilitate the delivery of HR support
- Advanced consulting skills along with a high degree of business acumen and ability to accurately assess business issues and provide sound advice and solutions
- Good understanding of relevant employment legislation
- Advanced knowledge in Excel, PPT and Sharepoint
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Interpersonal skills with an ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization
- Communication and active listening skills
- Good situational intelligence
- Knows how to work in a team and/or across teams, regardless of the type of collaboration (face-to-face, in a group, remote, real-time, etc.)
- Acts ethically, in compliance with what is said and while respecting the company’s values and rules.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
More search results
Nch’kaỷ Development Corporation (NDC) – Chief Exe…
Financial Review & Budget Analyst
Access & Assessment Coordinator
Indigenous Internship Opportunities
Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
Director of the School of Public Policy
Simon Fraser University