Does the idea of working on new technology, including Machine Learning and IoT excite you? Do you want to make a positive impact on the world with the work you do? If so, this opportunity may be perfect for you. At Willowglen, we pride ourselves on our innovative solutions and the meaningful impact we have on mission-critical industries.
Willowglen Systems is an innovative company delivering industrial automation solutions for the last 50 years. Our products are developed and supported by our team of developers, data scientists, mathematicians, and engineers. Willowglen Systems has a global customer base and is chiefly involved in the metro-rail, oil and gas, pipelines, electricity distribution, and water distribution sectors – in locations including North America, South America, Asia, and the Middle East.
In the role of a Pre-Sales Engineer, the successful candidate will work with guidance from the Senior Pre-Sales Manager to assist the Sales & Marketing team to win competitive bids in the enterprise industrial space. You will be involved in the process end-to-end, from evaluating prospective new customers with dedicated Sales sector specialists to taking ownership for bid creation for specific projects to maintaining the ongoing health of the relationship and encouraging future business.
The role requires an even balance of technical and commercial expertise. You must be just as comfortable working with high level managers or experienced Engineers, able to talk their language and speak to their interests. Excellent command of English is an absolute must as you will regularly represent the company to external audiences. No two projects are alike, and we cover multiple industries and regions. You will be expected to review and research constantly changing details on your own and discuss with the Senior Pre-Sales Manager to maximize success.
Objectives and Expectations
- Assist Sales team members with building and growing relationships by providing in-depth technical and commercial guidance
- Evaluate the feasibility and fit for bids and suggest technical and commercial strategies
- Consult Engineering team members to confirm scope expectations and time estimates
- Prepare detailed and unique bid packages leveraging templates and bid assets, including internal price sheets
- Follow up each bid with scope adjustments, price adjustments, and schedule updates in order to win
- Track sales activity using SalesForce and other internal tools for reporting to executives
- Assist Marketing team members with the creation and presentation of technical content to various audiences
- Regularly meet remotely and in-person with customers and partners around the world
Experience and Education
- 2-5 years in a technical role in an industrial enterprise software or hardware space
- 2-5 years in a commercial role with industrial enterprise customers or partners
- Technical or marketing degree
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent command of English, written and verbal
- Comfortable, engaged, sincere, and persuasive when communicating with customers
- Precise, patient, and persistent when communicating with technical team members
- Well versed with industrial standards and regulations: BS/EN (SIL), ISO, IEC, IEEE, API, MIL, ISA, CFR, AREMA
- Domain expertise with metro-rail, heavy rail, oil & gas, and/or electrical industries
- Advanced knowledge of IT and OT concepts, particularly cyber-security and alarm management
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of programming concepts and languages
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PDF
- Specific experience with: C++, JS, Sencha, Node.js, Redis, RHEL/CentOS, rabbitMQ, REST, python, SQL
- Specific experience with: Confluence, JIRA, SalesForce, LinkedIn
- Specific experience with: VMWare, Kepware, *nix, PC configuration, Server configuration, Docker, VPN, big data, IIoT, cloud computing, ML/AI
- Foreign languages, especially: French, Mandarin, Spanish, Arabic
- Grandmaster ranked in StarCraft