Job ID: 3804
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
Reporting to the Manager, Data Analytics & Integration, the Data Analyst is responsible for providing data analysis and data management for core BC Housing business systems. He/She/They leads data analytics and modeling, proposes data management and data quality processes, and collaborates on the development of technical specifications. The incumbent liaises with various IT development and support teams, discovers and defines process improvement opportunities, supports the development of business cases, coordinates release notes documentation, and participates in post implementation performance analyses.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration or Information Technology from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Considerable experience in Data Analysis, and extensive IT industry experience specifically focused on IT solutions and services.
- Considerable experience in supporting enterprise-wide business systems and reporting, including troubleshooting data issues.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Criminal Record Check required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Sound knowledge and familiarity with the following software and languages:
• Microsoft’s Office365 and SharePoint technologies
• MS Excel, MS Word, MS project and MS Visio
• Reporting and visualization software such as Power BI, SSAS and Tableau
• Proficiency with relational databases and SQL
• Open source programming languages such as Python and R
- Sound knowledge of data and business processes in a social housing environment, including finance, procurement, asset maintenance, project development and property management.
- Sound knowledge of project lifecycle concepts and the ability to apply them to small projects such as business process changes and data cleansing.
- Sound knowledge of IT standards, system development life cycle, agile development methodology and IT development environments.
- Sound knowledge of feasibility, risk assessment, impact and cost-benefit analysis techniques and processes.
- Sound knowledge of a variety of information systems programs and business processes pertaining to accounting, procurement, maintenance and real estate management.
- Sound knowledge of systems technology and data trends and the ability to critically assess and evaluate those trends as they apply to the organization.
- Sound knowledge of master data management designs and practices.
- Strong skills in data and process modelling, data quality analysis and data cleansing.
- Well-developed communication, analytical, problem solving, decision-making, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong project management, leadership and facilitation skills and some negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to learn and understand the Commission’s structure and business operations.
- Ability to learn and understand various enterprise data models, and the interaction of data between business systems, for reporting and data integration purposes.
- Ability to plan and manage moderate-sized projects, or portions of larger projects, manage teams of staff and contractors in the development, change management and implementation of systems, and work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and drive them through to completion.
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.
More search results
Nch’kaỷ Development Corporation (NDC) – Chief Exe…
Financial Review & Budget Analyst
Access & Assessment Coordinator
Indigenous Internship Opportunities
Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
Director of the School of Public Policy
Simon Fraser University