Regional Organizer- North
NOTE TO APPLICANTS:
1- This position is eligible for a Yearly Isolated Post Allowance (IPA). This Allowance is
calculated based on the location and family status and covers the following admissible
categories: Environmental Allowance, Living Cost Differential, Fuel & Utilities Differential
and Shelter Cost Differential.
2- The selected candidate is entitled to a car allowance.
Purpose of position
Under the general supervision of the Regional Coordinator, and as part of regional and national teams that include other regional office and headquarters staff, the Organizer builds the Union by initiating, coordinating and implementing organizing campaigns for the purpose of recruiting new members into the PSAC.
- • Minimum of 1-2 years experience successfully organizing new bargaining units.
- • Extensive experience of computer-based technology, including office software, internet, and e-mail environments.
- • Excellent knowledge of worker rights and labour legislation.
- • Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English
- • Ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve collective goals;
- • Ability to analyze, recognize mistakes and recommend improvement;
- • Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of union and equity principles;
- • Well developed interpersonal skills, tact, sound judgment;
- • Ability to work as part of member-driven organizing team;
- • Innovative, flexible and open-minded.
A detailed job description is available at: psacunion.ca/jobs-psac.