You have a curious mind geared to creating engaging and innovative training programs that resonate with learners. You’re an adult educator at heart, and your background in instructional design ensures you know how to partner with clients to design the right learning solutions for them. Your customer-centric approach is just what we need as our next Instructional Designer.
Joining our Operational Learning team, you will work with clients to identify their training needs and design and develop effective and innovative learning solutions based on client requirements.
Before you start building excellent training programs, you build honest and effective relationships with your clients. You know the best ideas come from collaboration, and you’re motivated to think outside the box when developing unique solutions.
We deeply cherish our values, including our drive to be innovative and customer-centric in everything we do. With you injecting the same passion into designing top-quality training programs, we can’t wait to have you join us in rethinking our energy future.
In your first year with us, you will focus on:
- Establishing collaborative relationships with Electric Operations clients and subject matter experts.
- Developing knowledge of our electric system, from generation to distribution.
- Determining Electric training development priorities for the next two years.
In your second year with us, you will focus on:
- Executing the training development priorities identified in year one.
- Participating in department-driven training modernization initiatives.
What it takes:
- A diploma in Instructional Design, Adult Learning or a related discipline from an accredited post-secondary institution, plus three years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with instructional design software.
- A collaborative approach to working with clients, subject matter experts and peers.
- A passion for innovation and a forward-thinking approach to implementing progressive training solutions.
- Working independently, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously.