- the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
- Fort Frances
- $1,284.61 - $1,597.32 Per Week
- Job Category
- Government Relations/Legislation
- Job Type
Are you a skilled communicator with a sound grasp of natural resource management and solid experience building effective relationships with Indigenous communities and non-Indigenous stakeholders? If so, consider this your niche as a District Resource Liaison Specialist with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this challenging opportunity, you will:
• provide advice on, plan and lead Indigenous programs and initiatives
• promote understanding, co-operation and participation in the ministry's sustainable resource management programs with a focus on lands and resource allocation with communities and other users
• act as the ministry representative or advisor in resource and issue negotiations with Indigenous communities and associations
• prepare budget submissions and explore funding options as well as authorize and track expenditures for Indigenous and non-Indigenous programs and initiatives within communities
• assist in the development and delivery of community outreach initiatives to non-Indigenous communities
Location: Fort Frances
How do I qualify?
• You possess a valid class 'G' driver's licence or equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario.
• You possess extensive knowledge and understanding of Indigenous culture, social and economic issues, concerns, legislation, policies and communities within the service area.
• You have thorough working knowledge of resource management principles, practices, policies and procedures, and initiatives.
Communication and interpersonal skills:
• You have proven conflict resolution and facilitation skills to negotiate and build consensus on resource management issues.
• You demonstrate abilities to foster effective relationships with stakeholders, including Indigenous and non-Indigenous communities and associations.
• You have the ability to provide advice and information effectively and produce written products such as media releases, articles, issue sheets, briefing notes, reports and correspondence.
Analytical and problem-solving skills:
• You have demonstrated ability to research and analyze information and data to respond to requests, issues and/or concerns.
• You are able to apply policies, procedures and directives to determine/recommend solutions and provide issues management support.
• You possess proven skills to prepare work plans/budgets and track and monitor expenditures/deliverables.
• You are able to prioritize, coordinate and complete work in given timeframes.
Salary Range: $1,284.61 - $1,597.32 Per Week
- 1 Permanent, 922 Scott St, Fort Frances, North Region
- The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures, including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 164230, by Monday, July 5, 2021. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.