Mineral Sector Issues Analyst
- Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines
- $68,128.32 - $86,994.96 Per Year
- Job Category
- Government Relations/Legislation, Research
Do you have strong research and analysis skills? Consider this position with the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines, where you will provide information, data and tools on Ontario's mineral sector, as well as provide analysis to support the division's promotional activities.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Provide analysis of micro/macro economic and financial issues, trends, developments, technologies and international competitiveness factors impacting Ontario's mineral sector;
• Coordinate research and analysis of current and emerging mineral sector items and issues;
• Prepare a range of analyses, mineral sector and policy/program reports, presentations, briefing materials and other correspondence to facilitate decision-making by the Assistant Deputy Minister and divisional senior management;
• Develop and maintain partnerships with other ministries and other stakeholders, to work in a collaborative way to address mineral sector interests.
How do I qualify?
Research and Analytical Skills:
• You have knowledge of research and issues analysis methods and ministry decision-making processes;
• You are able to prepare analyses, and summarize research findings when preparing briefing and issues notes in support of branch/division/ministry policy and program decision-making;
• You demonstrate strong analytical skills to review a variety of highly technical information and data within the unit;
• You can research issues and identify sources of data, collect and compile information, assess what is to be included in written materials and verify adequacy/accuracy of information;
• You have problem-solving skills to identify issues and opportunities impacting the mineral sector and provide advice to support decision-making and information needs of senior management.
• You are familiar with Ontario's mineral sector to ensure briefings and issues notes and ministerial responses consider all aspects of Ontario's mineral sector;
• You have an understanding of government strategic directions, programs, policies, and related provincial and federal legislation and regulations;
• You are proficient with various computer software / databases to communicate with stakeholders, conduct research and develop documents and presentations.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• You have knowledge of communications and public relations theory, techniques, methods and practices as well as research, writing and editing techniques;
• You can prepare a range of communications materials, including information, notes, reports, research summaries, briefings and presentation material in response to inquiries from senior government officials and the public;
• You can develop presentations to support participation/attendance at conferences and promotional events as well as stakeholder meetings;
• You are able to manage and build effective partnerships with internal/external stakeholders.
Project Management and Organizational Skills:
• You have knowledge of project management and research methodologies;
• You demonstrate organizational and priority-setting skills to respond to often competing requests within short deadlines.
Salary Range: $68,128.32 - $86,994.96 Per Year
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possible extension), 933 Ramsay Lake Rd, Sudbury, North Region
- Less qualified applicants may be considered on an underfill basis.
- The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures, including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 165523, by Monday, July 26, 2021. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.