Director, Project Management Office
- Ministry of Health
- $130,930.00 - $175,070.00 Per Year
- Job Category
- Government Relations/Legislation, Healthcare Services and Wellness, Project Management
- Job Type
Division: Health Transformation Division
Job Term: 1 Permanent
Job Code: XEXE2 - Executive 2
Salary: $130,930.00 - $175,070.00 Per Year
Posting Status: Open-Targeted (10 business days)
Are you an experienced leader looking for a challenging opportunity to facilitate change management and help lead large scale transformation? The Ministry of Health (MOH) is offering an exciting opportunity for an executive to provide leadership and strategic direction to help lead the ministry in its exciting transformational journey.
The Ministry of Health is working to establish a patient-focused, results-driven, integrated, and sustainable publicly funded health care system. Our mission is to help people stay healthy, deliver high-quality care when they need it, and protect the health care system for future generations. As stewards of the health care system, we provide overall direction and leadership, focusing on planning and guiding resources to bring value to the system.
As the Director of the Project Management Office you will be responsible for coordinating and reporting on transformation initiatives from across the ministry; providing project and change management leadership and supports to areas of the ministry leading transformative change initiatives; and identifying dependencies and strategic opportunities to support government decision-making and the successful delivery of major transformation initiatives.
An effective leader in the Ontario Public Service (OPS) is responsible, innovative and collaborative. A responsible leader is someone who demonstrates authenticity, accountability and courage in how they interact with others. An individual who models ethical behavior, and who is honest and capable of making difficult choices. An innovative leader is someone who leads with common purpose, embraces positive disruption, and has a future mindset. An individual who inspires others, values continuous learning and encourages development and integration. A collaborative leader focuses on helping others to grow, drives people-centered outcomes and promotes an environment of inclusivity. A leader who consistently works to confront bias and systemic barriers while understanding the importance of creating a more diverse and accessible workplace.
Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility and Anti-Racism
The OPS is an innovative, responsive, and accountable public service that works hard to be diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable. Diversifying leadership teams is a top OPS priority with the goal to achieve parity with the Ontario labour force by 2025 for the most underrepresented groups (Indigenous, racialized and persons with disabilities) in leadership positions. To advance this goal, the OPS is collecting socio-demographic information that will help to address potential barriers and achieve equity in hiring.
The OPS is an accessible employer and offers accommodation in all aspects of employment, including the recruitment process.
What can I expect in this role?
Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Minister, you will:
- Lead the Project Management Office working with a team of managers and staff responsible for providing project management and other services to support implementation of major ministry transformation projects.
- Work with executives and staff from across the Ministry of Health and Ontario Health to build strong, collaborative relationships while providing strategic advice to support the implementation of ministry transformation projects.
- Implement and build on a Road Map to enhance the Ministry’s project management, change management and other capabilities.
- Support senior management through the adoption of a robust cross-Ministry project portfolio management approach that will:
- support appropriate executive level project oversight and decision-making,
- proactively identify transformation risks/mitigations, linkages and interdependencies,
- integrate key performance indicators, patient health outcomes and financial management into project decision-making, and
- enable tracking and reporting of transformation progress to a variety of audiences.
- You are a strategic change leader who can foster an inclusive and innovative workplace culture where new ideas are valued, and team members are empowered to be their best.
- You have demonstrated strategic and business planning skills to establish branch goals, objectives and standards in support of plans and strategies, to continuously improve and move your team to client service excellence.
- You model commitment to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of your work and interactions with staff and colleagues.
- You have the ability to influence and demonstrate innovative and creative ways to problem solve.
Change Management and Communication
- You have demonstrated the ability to navigate a fast-paced, changing environment and support a team and partners through change.
- You have experience leading complex project management, business reviews, innovation initiatives, and/or process improvement functions for large, complex organizations.
- You have a proven track record of strategic thinking, innovation and effective decision making, enabling you to contribute to the ministry’s transformational agenda and long-term strategic direction.
- You are a strong communicator who can influence senior executives and communicate complex and sensitive information to senior executives or officials.
- You have proven experience managing complex relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- You are sensitive to high-profile public initiatives and have proven political acuity to manage stakeholders who have competing interests.
- You are skilled at providing advice and influencing senior level stakeholders and decision-makers.
- You foster a collaborative work environment that promotes and facilitates transparency and accountability.
- You have knowledge of project management and change management methodologies and principles to provide leadership of concurrent special project teams comprised of a variety of internal and external partners.
- You are comfortable working with executive-level project management, conceptual and analytical ideas to see the big picture and create an operational plan from the concept.
- You have experience in financial controllership and risk management functions, business planning and performance management policies, processes and objectives.
- You are aware of government priorities, challenges and opportunities impacting the health care agenda in Ontario.
Please apply online, only, by Friday, July 23, 2021, by visiting https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=166836. Please follow the instructions to submit your application.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Recruitment Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
More search results
Saskatoon Police Service – Director of Equity, Di…
Dean, Learning, Teaching and Scholarship
Research Associate, Indigenous Markets Canada-wide
Security Services Agent
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity