Please note, the job description for this position is currently under review
The Marketing Officer provides leadership to Banff Centre staff in the area of marketing and promotion. They are responsible for increasing awareness, understanding and participating in programs, events and other services and activities offered at Banff Centre.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, below are some key responsibilities:
- Prepare, implement and evaluate marketing plans in conjunction with program areas
- Develop budgets for plans, materials and activities, track spending and provide reports
- Create, coordinate and distribute promotional materials and other assets for marketing
- Develop and maintain relevant contact databases for the successful implementation of marketing plans
- Create and analyze data related to marketing initiatives
- Organize and maintain records and archives of all promotional material produced
- Show leadership in positioning and branding Banff Centre through implementing key messages and visual identity of Banff Centre
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- 5+ years of related experience is required
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field
- Experience working with an arts organization, tourism and destination marketing, B2B marketing, and/or a post-secondary institution is a strong asset
- Thorough knowledge of marketing and communication practices and planning
- Exceptional customer service skills that focus on understanding needs of the client, such as programs, services, and administrative areas; excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Highly motivated; self-starter with the ability to work under broad direction without close supervision
- Extremely creative with a keen attention to detail
- Strong organization and project management skills with ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and projects
- Strong copywriting skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and tasks
- Budgeting experience
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of products and a familiarity with digital and email marketing
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset
- This position will be working remotely temporarily due to the COVID-19 pandemic but will be required to work from the office in Banff, AB once restrictions are lifted.
- This position requires the candidate to be available to work a flexible, irregular schedule and weekends when required.
Employment Terms & Benefits
- In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, salaried support staff position, subject to a 6-month probation period.
- The starting salary for this position is between $48,547 to $53,934 annually, depending on experience, working 40 hours per week.
- The successful candidate will have access to a range of benefits through Alberta Blue Cross and will be eligible to participate in our defined benefit pension plan.
- We are accepting applications for the Marketing Officer position until 11:59pm MST July 23, 2021.
- Candidates offered a position with Banff Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
More search results
Director, Student Services
Executive Vice President, Business Development a…
Faculty Position in Environmental Geochemistry
Director, Labour Relations and HR Consulting
University of Victoria
Indigenous Policy Specialist/Coordinator
Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing