Security Services Agent
Banff Centre is looking for an experienced Security Services Agent to provide a safe, secure, and hassle-free environment for all Banff Centre staff, participants, and visitors. Responsible and customer-service minded, our Security Services Agents perform patrol duties for the purpose of general law enforcement and risk management; manage parking and traffic; as well as provide physical security for all Banff Centre buildings and property.
- Patrol Banff Centre campus, including both exterior grounds and building interiors, either by vehicle or by foot
- Remain alert to the physical environment, arranging for the removal of any safety hazards discovered during patrol
- Respond to and deal with all reported incidents and emergency situations and prepare and submit reports on the actions required
- Assist in investigations under any Criminal Code or Provincial or Federal Statute offence
- Assist in investigating breaches of any related Banff Centre policy
- Conduct interviews to probe and obtain accurate facts
- Provide “Safe Walk” escort to staff (including cashiers and box office personnel), participants, and visitors
- Provide security services for Banff Centre special events
- Monitor alarm and closed-circuit camera systems and respond to alarms
- Provide assistance to other departments as needed to ensure a safe and hassle-free environment
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- Completion of Alberta Basic Security Training (ABST) and licensing under the Alberta Security Agent and Investigators Act, or proof of enrollment, is required
- Current certificates for Standard First Aid, CPR/AED Level C, and fire prevention/training programs
- A valid Alberta driver's license or international equivalent
- Previous security background or experience in dealing with the public in a service-oriented environment
- Knowledge of civil/criminal laws with respect to certain property offences, disorderly conduct, trespassing, etc.
- Comfortable working knowledge of MS Office software
- Physical and mental ability to conduct lengthy patrols of multi-storied buildings and extensive grounds via foot or by vehicle
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills
- Responds to contentious or highly-sensitive issues with discretion and effectively deals with confidential matters
- Recognizes and demonstrates the need for initiative in dealing with and resolving problems
- Due to the nature of the job, this position requires the candidate to be available to work a flexible, irregular schedule and weekends. Overnight shifts on a monthly rotation are required.
Employment Terms & Benefits
- In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, hourly support staff position, subject to a 500-hour probationary period.
- This position pays up to $20.58 per hour, depending on experience, working up to 40 hours per week. Hours worked per week may vary depending on business needs.
- We are accepting applications for the Security Services Agent position until 11:59pm MST August 2, 2021 however, we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis.
- Candidates offered a position with Banff Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
More search results
Saskatoon Police Service – Director of Equity, Di…
Dean, Learning, Teaching and Scholarship
Research Associate, Indigenous Markets Canada-wide
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity
Banff Centre – Director, Indigenous Leadership