Talent Acquisition Manager
Talent Acquisition Manager
The Talent Acquisition Manager is accountable for managing the recruitment activities for Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity. This involves developing recruitment strategies, sourcing candidates, and leading the hiring manager/committee through the hiring process.
In this role, the incumbent understands the culture Banff Centre is desiring and provides leadership, consultative and advisory assistance to the supervisors and managers in the sourcing and assessment of candidates that will support an inclusive, diverse, equitable and accessible workforce.
- Working under the general direction of the Director, Human Resources, the incumbent will provide leadership and management of the recruitment activities with managers and supervisors and internal or external candidates.
- Leads Banff Centre’s recruiting practices. This position will actively participate in the interview process for, management, program/supervisory/professional (PSP) and senior support staff positions.
- Responsible for providing and distributing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Responsible for the financial management of the Recruitment budget.
- Work with the Director, Employee Relations to ensure changes made to a job description are reviewed prior to posting.
- Works closely with the Director, Human Resources, and the Human Resources Generalist to establish skill requirements for positions and to identify training requirements of new employees.
- The incumbent will possess a thorough knowledge of the collective agreement and ensure compliance in the recruitment process and in the workplace.
- Works closely with the Marketing department to ensure the Centre’s brand is being upheld as well as to utilize external publications as a method of promoting the Centre as an employer of choice
- Primary interface between the labour market and the staffing needs of the Centre. The incumbent will be aware of shortages and surpluses of skilled candidates and can advise managers accordingly based on a thorough knowledge of the current conditions
- The incumbent will be aware of the obligations and limitations specified in the Human Rights Act regarding discriminatory employment and ensure that the Centre’s compliance regarding application forms, tests (if any) and hiring practices meet these requirements.
- Understanding of how the Freedom of Information and the Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) affects the recruitment process.
- The incumbent will be aware of local, provincial and federal government programs as well as Colleges/University programs that might support our sourcing, recruitment and funding for specific positions. The incumbent will research funding and/or working experience/internship opportunities for Banff Centre participation that will re-enforce the Centre's commitment to Lifelong Learning.
- Provide leadership and support the conversation with managers in developing succession plans for Banff Centre departments while conducting intake meetings for upcoming competitions.
- The incumbent will seek new recruitment opportunities and partnerships to meet the Centre’s needs.
- The incumbent will be connected to the local community supporting employment
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- 5+ years’ of experience in agency and/or corporate recruitment
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field – combination of education and experience will be considered
- Experience using Applicant Tracking Software systems (e.g. Taleo)
- Ability to implement new and innovative methods for sourcing talent using various web-based tools (e.g. LinkedIn, Indeed, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of recruitment trends and technologies
- Strong desire to mentor and lead while also being capable of using good judgment and discretion to accomplish goals and work requirements
- Demonstrates a high degree of self-motivation and possesses a sense of urgency to achieve objectives and exceed expectations
- Ability to work collaboratively within all levels of our organizational structure
- Analyze information to make data-driven decisions
- Provide superior customer service
- Able to adapt, promote, and champion change
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Demonstrates outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate use of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- This position will be working remotely temporarily due to the COVID-19 pandemic but will be required to work from the office in Banff, AB once restrictions are lifted.
- This position may require the candidate to be available to work a flexible, irregular schedule.
Employment Terms & Benefits
- In accordance with the terms of employment governing Management/PSP employees, this is a permanent, full time position subject to a 6 month probationary period working 40 hours per week.
- The successful candidate will enjoy twenty paid vacation days and four personal days annually, extended medical and dental benefits, and participation in an employer-matched pension plan.
- We are currently accepting applications for the Talent Acquisition Manager position until a suitable candidate is found.
- Please include a cover letter demonstrating how your experience translates to this position and why you are interested in becoming part of our team.
- Candidates offered a position with Banff Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.