job Req ID: 443
Title: Project Coordinator, Real Estate
Company: Canada Lands
Location: 4949 Heather Street, Suite 200 , Vancouver , BC
Employment Status: Employee (Temporary Contract) (12 to 24 months with possibility of becoming full time permanent)
Please submit your application by Wednesday, August 18th at 4:00 pm at 4:00 pm EST.
Under the direction of the Real Estate management team, the Project Coordinator coordinates and administers supporting real estate activities and tasks to enable other team members to focus more broadly on the fulfillment of the vision, strategy, and core real estate development tasks associated with their respective projects. The Project Coordinator adds value primarily by managing the flow of project-related written and verbal correspondence and by researching, analyzing and processing important documents and assisting with processes to advance and maintain project momentum. The Project Coordinator is a pivotal member of the regional Real Estate team, performing a broad range of tasks and activities in support of the regional office operations.
1.Provides support to the region in the areas of property acquisitions, master planning, redevelopment, and servicing/construction and provides necessary follow-up to ensure timely completion.
- Participates in planning (i.e. physical, regulatory), servicing, and project management reviews/initiatives.
- Assists with the preparation and coordination of materials, meetings and events to support Joint Venture partnership.
- Assists with the development and coordination of consultant selection processes.
- Assists with the coordination of external multidisciplinary team (contractors, engineers surveyors, architects, planners, leasing managers, etc.) to achieve project objectives.
- Prepares minutes at internal and external meetings with partners, stakeholders, consultants, government and the public, and ensures review and distribution processes are fulfilled.
- Follows up with a wide range of stakeholders (e.g. government, public, other corporations, etc.) to support project development objectives.
- Assists in preparation of documents for Board submissions; conducts analysis and supports the preparation of progress reports for Senior Management, Board members, steering committees, and other audiences, as required.
- Prepares and administers technical documentation, including Request for Proposals (RFPs) and associated procurement documents.
- Prepares engagement letters for approval, with adherence to Canada Lands policies and guidelines.
- Prepares and administers contracts, ensuring proper authorization within Canada Lands delegation of authority, verifies and monitors all subsequent accounting transactions, and initial draw down status, prepares and maintains contract tracking tools.
- Monitors servicing and other contracts, identifying irregularities within deliverables, variances or other issues, and prepares activity reports.
- Supports communications strategies through preparing written and visual content for print media and social media platforms and works with external consultants to ensure timely distribution and monitoring.
- Provides administrative support for posting of public notices in local media and on Canada Lands corporate communications platforms such as project web sites.
- Research and reports on industry trends, regulatory context and planning legislation.
- Coordinates scheduling of online and in person project meetings, and ensures meeting details are confirmed and circulated as necessary.
2.Participates in the budget process, including the review of contract amounts/details, progress claims and invoices.
- Participates in the preparation, review and implementation of divisional and regional short- and long-term planning activities (budgets, strategic and business plans).
3.Document Preparation and Records Management
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of Canada Lands policies, guidelines, procedures, records management, and information systems.
- Assists with coordinating, creating, preparing, editing, and proofreading all standard and non-standard documents, reports, presentations, and correspondence including materials for the Senior Management Team and Board.
- Assists with the preparation and coordination of the document suite that supports the team’s procurement activities.
4.Interim administration support to the Vancouver office.
- Post-secondary education, college degree, business or technical diploma, or sufficient equivalent work experience in one of the following fields :
• Urban planning / City planning / Geography
• Architecture / Landscape Architecture / Environmental Design
• Engineering, Sustainability / Resource management
• Land economics, Business with a specialization in real estate / development other construction / development related fields (surveyors, appraisals etc.).
- Minimum of three of years of experience in land development and/or fields noted above required.
- Experience in client relations, customer service, and basic public relations required.
- Experience with public engagement processes / participatory planning / communications is an asset.
- Project management or contract management training and/or experience required.
- Knowledge of general business principles, financial management, are assets.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint required.
- Proficiency with design and graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, AutoCAD, or equivalent is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, or equivalent project management software an asset.
- Bilingualism an asset.
WHAT WE DO
Canada Lands Company is a self-financing, federal Crown corporation that specializes in real estate, development and attractions management. The company’s goal in all it does is to produce the best possible benefit for Canadian communities and the Government of Canada. Canada Lands Company works to achieve its mandate with industry leading expertise; the company prides itself on its consultation based approach to pursuing community-oriented goals, environmental stewardship and heritage commemoration with all its projects across Canada.
The company’s activities ensure that former government properties are redeveloped or managed in accordance with their highest and best use, and that they are harmoniously reintegrated into local communities. Our goal is to help transform surplus parcels and reshape them to meet the needs of Canadians with inspiring and sustainable new neighbourhoods in which they can live, work and play.
Canada Lands Company CLC Limited is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canada Lands Company is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes. Should you require an accommodation, please inform us as soon as possible and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.