Manager, Financial Analysis & Reporting
MANAGER, FINANCIAL ANALYSIS & REPORTING
Job ID: 3826
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
The Financial Analysis and Government Relations team at BC Housing is responsible for providing the necessary financial analysis and reporting required by the Ministry responsible for Housing, the Provincial Government and Federal Government agencies.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Financial Analysis & Reporting, the Manager, Financial Analysis & Reporting is responsible for coordinating and developing the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and other financial analyses for review by Finance Senior Management, and subsequent presentation to the Executive, Board, external partners, the Ministry Responsible for Housing, Treasury Board/Staff, and the Canada Mortgage Housing Corporation (CMHC). They also conduct financial and cost/benefit analyses of current and anticipated programs and initiatives, prepare financial analysis and models to support the development of Treasury Board and Cabinet submissions, and lead and manage special projects of a financial analysis and reporting nature.
The position is responsible for preparing long term cash flow forecasts and overseeing the preparation of various reports for the Commission’s programs and initiatives, including business case submissions to the Ministry Responsible for Housing, Treasury Board and/or Cabinet to support the in-year expenditure management and annual provincial budget processes.
The position manages the core financial structure of the Finance system, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne (JDE1), develops and manages models, programs, and reporting tools to support business and corporate reporting requirements, and designs and develops financial reports to provide current, sensitive, and relevant information for decision making. The incumbent provides advice and guidance to Commission managers regarding the effective use of financial resources and options to enhance financial and business performance.
CANDIDATE PROFILE: The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce, finance, economics, or public administration (required)
- Considerable experience (5+ years) in a large, computerized accounting operation in the public sector, including considerable experience in financial reporting and analysis.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive knowledge (5+ years) of financial reporting/analysis models and frameworks and considerable knowledge of financial, accounting and reporting systems, processes and controls.
- Experience with strategic business case development.
- Considerable knowledge of financial reporting and analysis functions within the government environment.
- Ability to distil complex and technical financial and policy/program information and effectively communicate considerations and implications to an executive audience through verbal briefings as well as clear writing of reports and business case submissions.
Financial Experience & Knowledge
- Ability to provide expert opinions/briefings, advice to senior management on identified and emerging issues impacting program or service goals, outcomes or efficiencies.
- Ability to conduct research, undertake complex financial analyses and facilitate improved financial and business decision-making.
- Ability to manage relationships and exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment when dealing with a broad range of audiences.
- Ability to exercise independence of action in participating and providing program/service recommendations as a member of the management team.
Workstyle Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn and understand mission-critical corporate enterprise applications (i.e. JD Edwards, WebFOCUS, and the Central Property System (CPS)).
- Ability to learn and understand the Commission’s programs and operating requirements, relevant legislation, and the role of central agencies.
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team setting.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and follow-through skills including the ability to work under the direction of, or leading several people, organize and prioritize work, and meet deadlines within shifting environments.
- Strategic orientation, detail orientation and well-developed business acumen skills.
- Effective communication, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong research, analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, People with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
More search results
Director, Student Services
Executive Vice President, Business Development a…
Faculty Position in Environmental Geochemistry
Director, Labour Relations and HR Consulting
University of Victoria
Indigenous Policy Specialist/Coordinator
Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing