Title: Key Accounts Manager
Team: Business Membership
Reports to: Jenny Kalanges, Director of Business Membership
Posting date: 9/1/2021
Starting salary: $65,000/year
Benefits: Summary of benefits provided below
The Key Accounts Manager will play a key role in supporting our business member network by providing dedicated support to a set of high value, high impact business members. Guided by our tiered membership structure, the Key Accounts Manager will be the primary point of contact for members that fall into our top category in terms of revenue, impact, and reach. The work will entail best in class customer service, adept internal coordination to assemble cross-functional deliverables, and collaborative and flexible work within the Business Membership Team to support a growing global network of businesses.
The ideal candidate will have direct experience in account management, familiarity with business operations and processes, and a demonstrated ability to work adaptively within a functional team, across teams, and with external partners. This candidate will be comfortable with written and verbal communications, practiced at providing value within a tiered service structure, and impeccable in customer service communications and follow through.
- Work with your supervisor and your team members to educate yourself on our company, it’s policies, our culture as well as all the work that you will be tasked with in this role
- Provide best-in-class account management and customer service to to a set of our designated key accounts, which includes regular member outreach, answering questions, assisting with certification support and communications, delivering partnership advising and other strategic support related to 1% for the Planet membership
- Coordinate services within and across functional teams to ensure timely and high quality deliverables
- Coordinate and deliver partnership advising services, using existing systems and contributing to the continuous improvement of these systems
- Ensure timely annual certification and renewal of accounts, via clear and timely communications with accounts, and internal coordination with accounting and certification team members
- Maintain accurate database records through the Salesforce and utilize dashboards and reports to track external metrics from key accounts
- Contribute to coordination across tiers of service, working closely with others in the Business Membership Team to ensure that all accounts are consistently managed well
- Support growth and evolution of the key accounts program to ensure member retention and satisfaction, while planning for rapid growth in business membership
- Work with our People & Culture Department to participate in the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training of new staff within your department
- Engage with our Leadership Team and other managers to support the development and implementation of new policies, best practices, cross-functional projects and professional development within your own team as well as company-wide.
This role represents a primary point of contact or “face” for influential global member accounts that are driving significant impact through our model and that have influence within our global network. Confidence, humility, a commitment to service excellence, and a comfort with collaboration are key attributes that will drive the success of this role.
1% for the Planet profile & culture:
1% for the Planet is a global organization that exists to ensure our planet and future generations thrive. We inspire businesses and individuals to support environmental nonprofits through membership and everyday actions. We make environmental giving easy and effective through partnership advising, impact storytelling and third-party certification.
Started in 2002 by Yvon Chouinard, founder of Patagonia, and Craig Mathews, founder of Blue Ribbon Flies, our members have given more than $280 million to our approved nonprofit partners to date. Today, 1% for the Planet’s global network consists of thousands of businesses, individuals and environmental nonprofits working toward a better future for all.
Look for our logo to purchase for the planet and learn more at onepercentfortheplanet.org.
To apply: please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Ryan Midden, Director of People & Culture.
Location: 1% for the Planet is headquartered in beautiful Burlington, Vermont. For this position, we will also be accepting resumes for remote candidates.
Please note: Currently, no 1% for the Planet staff members are required to work in our physical office space, even Vermont-based employees. Our team is currently either working from home or working a closely monitored hybrid schedule between their home and our headquarters. Any work done at our headquarters by 1% for the Planet staff members that choose to utilize the space is closely monitored by our team to ensure safety protocols for COVID-19 are implemented, regularly updated and upheld. We will safely arrange for any Vermont-based hire to be able to use our office space, should they request it. We will also work with any candidates to discuss a remote work schedule that feels most safe to them.
1% for the Planet
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS 2021
Health Insurance: Regular employees scheduled to work at least 60% time or above on a regular basis may elect to participate in 1% for the Planet’s health and dental insurance plans. An eligible employee may elect single, two-person, or family coverage under the health or dental plans. 1% for the Planet pays the entire premium for both plans, and covers deductible using a provider-supported HRA plan. Effective January 1, 2020 our health insurance plan provider is Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont, and our specific plan is Blue Edge Business CDHP 1. Our dental insurance plan provider is Delta Dental and our specific plan is Delta Dental PPO plus Premier. COBRA: The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) gives workers and their families who lose their health benefits the right to choose to continue group health benefits provided by their group health plan for limited periods of time under certain circumstances such as voluntary or involuntary job loss, reduction in the hours worked, transition between jobs, death, divorce, and other life events.
EAP: 1% for the Planet offers a fully covered Employee Assistance Program (EAPs) through Invest EAP. EAPs promote the health of employees and their household members by offering immediate access to free, confidential counseling for a wide range of life issues.
Retirement: Regular employees scheduled to work at least 60% time or above on a regular basis are eligible to participate in 1% for the Planet’s retirement plan starting on the first day of hire. 1% for the Planet provides up to a 6% match for all full-time employees, and a prorated match for employees working 60-99% of full-time. As part of this plan, 1% for the Planet provides employees access at no charge to a financial advisor for both retirement plan guidance and general financial planning.
Mobile Phone: 1% for the Planet provides all regular full-time employees unlimited AT&T cell phone contracts. For employees that are not AT&T users, 1% for the Planet will reimburse a fixed, monthly amount per month.
Holidays: 1% for the Planet recognizes all Federal holidays. For 2021, this amounts to 11 recognized holidays. These are annually updated in the Personnel Handbook, including those holidays that are considered floating. Non-floating holidays must be recognized on the actual holiday date.
Paid Time Off (PTO): Full-time regular employees shall accrue 25 days of PTO per year, which can be used for vacation, sick, or personal days. Employees regularly scheduled to work between 60-99% of full time will accrue pro-rated PTO; employees regularly scheduled to work less than 60% of full time will not accrue PTO. Please review the Personnel Handbook for PTO details, including when approval is needed.
More search results
Director, Student Services
Executive Vice President, Business Development a…
Faculty Position in Environmental Geochemistry
Director, Labour Relations and HR Consulting
University of Victoria
Indigenous Policy Specialist/Coordinator
Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing