Senior Strategic Advisor, Organizational Initiatives
SENIOR STRATEGIC ADVISOR, ORGANIZATIONAL INITIATIVES
Job ID: 3945
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
SENIOR STRATEGIC ADVISOR, ORGANIZATIONAL INITIATIVES
($84,795.00 to $99,759.00 annually)
Reporting to the Executive Director, Strategic Operations, Reconciliation & Equity Initiatives, the Senior Strategic Advisor, Organizational Initiatives is responsible for identifying and implementing strategies that align the Commission’s strategic business areas while considering community partners and community needs and providing support in meeting the goals and objectives of the Commission. The Senior Strategic Advisor – Organizational Initiatives provides input to the development of strategies, plans, processes and practices, and participates in strategic initiatives that support the commission’s business operational plans and performance management plans. He/She/They support the Executive Director in working collaboratively with all Branches in achieving results.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- University degree, in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related discipline.
- Considerable experience in leading and managing business strategy, project management and communications, and supporting and reporting to senior level management and Executives in public sector organizations.
- Considerable experience connecting with and working effectively with people from diverse racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds (E.g. Indigenous, Visible Minorities/Racialized, People with precarious immigration status, Gender Non-Binary, Disabled People) and applying frameworks in equity, diversity, inclusion, and human rights.
- Experience engaging with and incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities and cultures, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process through advanced equity analysis.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience including lived expertise acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural exclusion and bias and how these impact underserved and underrepresented communities.
- Sound knowledge of the affordable housing sector in the province of BC.
- Ability to learn and understand departmental policies and procedures and the Commission’s mandate and programs.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of self-awareness, empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to generate and articulate creative new ideas/processes, and develop, plan, facilitate and coordinate their execution.
- Ability to manage project teams, exercise sound judgment, and demonstrate tact and diplomacy in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Ability to use sound judgement in analysing problems and identifying weaknesses and conflicts in policies and procedures; Strong ability to apply an intersectional approach to work analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a project from idea to execution while managing multiple inputs and priorities.
- Ability to be sensitive to the diverse perspectives of stakeholders and works with them to resolve differences and work cohesively together.
- Ability to establish a high level of rapport with staff, management/senior management, Executive, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong professional and interpersonal communication skills across a range of channels (written, oral, other) and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional groups to achieve common goals.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, People with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers