NON-PROFIT PORTFOLIO MANAGER
Job ID: 3995
SHORT-TERM (APPROXIMATELY 1 YEAR)/ FULL-TIME
Location: PENTICTON, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
NON-PROFIT PORTFOLIO MANAGER
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Non-Profit Portfolio Manager (NPPM) fosters collaborative partnership with housing and service providers to provide the highest quality of stable, safe and affordable housing and housing related services. He/She/They provides education, consultation and support to the Boards of Directors and Executive staff of Non-Profit Societies and Cooperatives staff regarding the effective management of their social housing properties, assesses the financial risk of non-profits and coordinates the delivery of contracted services for a variety of housing related programs.
The NPPM is the key relationship manager for the assigned portfolio of housing providers and serves as the single point of contact in managing a variety of issues relating to the delivery of housing and housing related services. The position typically supervises a Financial Review & Budget Assistant, and initiates, coordinates and facilitates the provision of expertise and services of other staff including Housing & Health Coordinators, Senior Project Officers and Project Technologists (from Development & Asset Strategies) as well as Supportive Housing Programs staff in order to support the needs and requirements of the non-profit housing sector.
The incumbent may be required to provide support to group homes operated by Non-Profits.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or other relevant discipline, including post-secondary courses in non-profit society management and/or social service delivery.
- Minimum six years’ experience in senior and advanced level positions relating to non-profit society management or delivery of social services and community-based programs, with considerable experience in the negotiation and management of contracted services.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
- Criminal Record Check required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Significant knowledge and understanding of the philosophies, theories, and principles associated with the delivery of government social and regulatory programs by non-profit societies and contracted community service providers.
- Significant knowledge of current social issues facing tenant populations and impacting the operations of social housing societies, including homelessness, mental illness, drug addiction, domestic violence, child protection and ageing.
- Significant and broad cross-functional knowledge and understanding of non-profit society governance, operation, budgeting, maintenance, administration, procurement, contracting and staffing.
- Significant knowledge of budgeting and contracting practices, and ability to assess audited financial statements.
- Considerable knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the risks associated with housing vulnerable tenants and ability to work closely with service providers in mitigating risk.
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation impacting the delivery of social housing.
- Thorough knowledge of building structures, components and systems and ability to recognize deficiencies.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, consultative and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to strategize, plan, coordinate, integrate and manage a portfolio of non-profit societies in providing the highest quality of stable, safe and affordable housing and housing related services.
- Ability to provide organizational development and general management expertise and educate Boards and Executives in the successful operation of housing societies for vulnerable people.
- Ability to act as relationship manager and primary point of contact for Societies, including interacting with Society Board of Directors, Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director, and Chief Financial Officers and accounting staff.
- Ability to analyze complex, challenging and sensitive issues, balance diverse interests and facilitate the implementation of solutions through successful and constructive relationships and partnerships both externally and internally.
- Ability to summarize and explain complex program information and funding requirements.
- Ability to understand, analyze and apply a variety of Program Agreements and project-specific Operating Agreements.
- Ability to build dialogue and consensus with multiple stakeholders, often with conflicting agendas.
- Ability to work together based on mutual respect and understanding of each other, and work to the highest business practice standards.
- Ability to display tact and diplomacy in dealing with a broad range of professions and community stakeholders and be a socially sensitive administrator.
- Ability to conduct reviews and audits and facilitate understanding and compliance with recommended improvements.
- Ability to strategize, apply creative thinking and build on existing and potential strengths in working towards solutions to support the long-term health and sustainability of the sector and partners.
- Ability to supervise and motivate staff in a unionized environment.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle required.
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
- Due to the nature of this role, a valid class 5 driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Due to the nature of this role, access to a reliable vehicle will be required
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers