RBC's 2022 Indigenous Peoples Development Program
RBC is Now Hiring for the 2022 Indigenous Peoples Development Program
RBC’s Indigenous Peoples Development Program is a two–year rotational program with aim to help recent graduates develop the skills and network needed to build their career at RBC. Be a part of an exciting two year experience which will give you exposure to a specific business/functional area of the bank via unique rotations. Choose from the following business areas and see below for specific requirements for each: Finance, Audit, Technology & Operations, Human Resources, Canadian Banking, Insurance, Capital Markets, or Ventures.
Who can apply?
Applicants wishing to apply must self-identify as Indigenous, (First Nations – status or non-status, Inuit, or Metis). Applicants must have graduated within the last two years and must be willing to commit to the program for the full two years.
How to apply?
- For application support or more info: email Richel Davies, Manager of Indigenous Recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply by October 18, 2021 and start in June 2022
What will you do?
- Associates will experience four rotation assignments. Three assignments will be within the chosen business/function area and one unique rotation working with an Indigenous community organization which will allow you to give back while applying your skills.
- Assignments within the bank include working on group or individual projects and other activities related to achieving team or individual goals.
- Associates will also benefit from one-to-one mentoring with a program manager, rotation managers and a peer mentor for the duration of the program. Through a combination of experience and exposure, you will get opportunities to learn and broaden your personal network across RBC.
- Upon completion, you will have an opportunity to build your career within your chosen business area by applying to internal positions. We will work with you to target new opportunities aligned to your interests, skills, and career development goals.
- Associates are given option to work remotely 100% during the duration of the two year program provided they have access to strong internet connection to work virtually.
What you’ll need to succeed
- A undergraduate degree or minimum of a 2 year college diploma from a relevant area of study.
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to build strong working relationships with key partners
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently
- Strong detail orientation and ability to multi-task
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to learn quickly as you work through 4 different rotations
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word and ability to master new computer software
- Comfortable to stretch out of your comfort zone
What’s in it for you?
- Kick start your career and explore opportunities to grow within RBC
- Excel through skill building and access to learning resources, mentoring and coaching
- Build valuable connections with other Indigenous and non-Indigenous employees within RBC, and give back to Indigenous communities during the external rotation with a community group.
- Develop understanding of your specific functional area and RBC and work with top industry leaders
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonus, flexible benefits and competitive compensation.
Additional requirements for each participating business areas
- Passion to learn about Finance and pursue a career in the Finance Function
- Comfort dealing with numbers and different software
- Desire to build advisory skills and an owner/operating mindset
- Encouraged to identify process improvement and efficiencies
- Passion for learning and personal development
- Interest in building knowledge about the business and auditing principles & techniques
Technology and Operations:
- Experience and/or knowledge in development/automation using one of the following: PHP, JAVA, C#, C++, VB, HTML
- A desire to support technical initiatives to drive innovation
- Client centric focus, creating solutions that help our clients along their financial journey
- Digital literacy, helping our clients navigate the world of technology as it relates to banking platforms
- Organizational and time management
- Influence & impact
- Change Management
- Interest in learning about Insurance products, sales practices and operations
- Data analysis, critical thinking, effective communication
- Encouraged to identify process improvement and efficiencies
- Desire and comfort working in agile working environments, helping individual venture businesses grow and scale
- Desire to design, build and test engaging marketing and digital technology solutions
- Knowledge of and appreciation for the Design Process and helping to execute on marketing and design-led initiatives
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
Global Credit, Capital Markets:
- A desire to learn about the financial markets including corporate lending and sales and trading.
- An analytical mindset.
- Strong time management skills along with the ability to prioritize and flexibility to adapt as needed.
- Strong communications skills and the confidence to ask questions and form/share opinions
Business and Client Services, Capital Markets:
- Keen desire to learn about the Capital Markets business and the client & trade lifecycle
- Attention to detail while working with high volume of data and transactions
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration
Quantitative and Technology Services (QTS), Capital Markets:
- Experience in development/automation using Java, C#, and/or C/C++, and experience developing applications within a UNIX/Linux or Windows based environment
- Understanding of, and practical experience in applying technology to address diverse problems, as well as a passion for technology and programming
- Knowledge of some of the following technologies:
- Real time messaging & middleware
- Service Orientated Architectures
- Complex event processing
- Cloud computing
- Open Source Libraries
- Big Data
- Machine Learning
- Time series databases
- Confidence in working with senior and executive level staff, with the ability to manage multiple priorities across a number of assignments
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, Diversity and Inclusion is a core value and we are committed to making our workplaces, culture and communities both inclusive and welcoming for all. It is a fundamental value, because we know how valuable every unique perspective can be. RBC welcomes and encourages applications from members of diverse backgrounds including First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples, Black and People of Colour, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or LGBT+. RBC is dedicated to accessibility and disability-related accommodations are available upon request.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
More search results
Vice-Provost, Student Affairs
Vice President, Technology Strategy & Innovation
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation
PROFESSOR - TIER 2 CANADA RESEARCH CHAIR
University of Sherbrooke
Vice-President, Research and Innovation, and Stra…
University of Toronto